Help! Need manifold ideas ASAP. Car going to shop at 1pm today!

-

BarracudaBug

Reaction score
Finished dropping the engine (318) in my 67 barracuda, just to find my headers do NOT fit. Im looking for exhaust manifold options. Does anyone know what exhaust manifolds, of what cars/years will fit? I'm desperate, it has an appointment today, at 1pm, at the exhaust shop, to have my mufflers installed. Please, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
1967 barracuda 318, stock suspension/steering.
And yes. I'm header savvy, they are wrong.

Finished dropping the engine (318) in my 67 barracuda, just to find my headers do NOT fit. Im looking for exhaust manifold options. Does anyone know what exhaust manifolds, of what cars/years will fit? I'm desperate, it has an appointment today, at 1pm, at the exhaust shop, to have my mufflers installed. Please, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
1967 barracuda 318, stock suspension/steering.
And yes. I'm header savvy, they are wrong.

I hear what you are saying but why dont your headers fit? power steering box,drag link or just wont bolt up.Any year a body 318 manifolds should fit. If its a steering coupler hitting theres a different joint. There are several fixes if we know the problem. How hard could it be? Its an a body and a 318.

TTI 1 3/4" step headers. Schumacher is making some small block Tri-Y's but you ain't going to get them today.

I have a pair of the 273/318 exhaust manifolds for a 67 Barracuda that came off my car. If your interested give me a shout.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I'm 99.9% sure those headers fit a "B" body. I took for granted, the headers slightly attached to the block, "fit the car" when I bought it. They literally drug on the ground mostly mounted. Didn't see it on the lift.
Anyway. Found some exhaust manifolds off an early 70's dart for drivers side and off a early 70's duster for passenger. Made it to my appointment and had the exhaust installed. Started her up for the first time tonight. Which is a whole other story. Let's just say it "almost" equals giving birth (lol! The pregnancy lasted two years though!).
I gotta say, after always having headers in a small block... I will never go there again. 10 min spark plug change, no fighting or cursing... I'm in love with these manifolds.
Again, thank you everyone.
If anyone else gets stuck on this as well, look for the manifolds with the high rise. Message me, I'll send a pic. ;)

Oh. And I tried a few manifolds/ideas. 1. Newer Magnum manifolds (jeep) will NOT fit, due to the gear box clearance.
2. Headers that will fit must be squirlly to fit up and over the gear box itself, not just the fittings.
Personal Note/ learning curve: Buy good quality headers/custom or go with manifolds.
If your a newbie, go with the manifolds, less heartache, you can always change it later.
Lol! If I'm wrong, post. I love learning new things and maybe you'll help someone else out. ;)

-
Back