Help need measurement for emblems

-

Barrycuda

Mopar Maniac Guru
Reaction score
Well like a dumass I put new quarter on my 70 dart and forgot to take the measurement for the holes to put the DART SWINGER Emblem on can any one out there with a swinger get the measurement for me so I can drill the holes in my quarters in the right place . thanks a million

Someone has to be able to get these measurements......c'mon people!!! :D

I will take pics for you tomorrow. I have the emblems off on my 70 right now. Where do you want the measurements from? Any area in particular?
I will take measurements for each point from two separate defined locations

I don't have a '70 to measure so I can't help you. However, if the emblem is off of the other side I just use a piece of masking paper and make a template. I use the side with tape and follow a line I can duplicate on the other side (reversed, of course), then push through the holes where the emblem goes. You can line your paper up with the door opening and the top of the quarter, or the bodyline, whichever is easiest. Then just mark through your holes and drill.
However, if the same emblem is used for both sides, flipping your pattern won't work as the holes don't mirror each other. You can still make your template as above but you will have to use it to make a second one that positions the holes in the right place.
Easy, huh?
Dallas

I went out and got all the pics and measured. I don't have the DART emblem off. I will post them in case anyone else is looking and comes across the post.

Attachments

• emblem.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 69
The first group are all taken from the point at the top of the front of the quarter panel near the door (see 1st pic):

Attachments

• emblem1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 59
Here are the 2nd set of pics

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 5.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 4.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 69
Here are the final set of pics. It may not look like it in the picture, but they are measured from the very top of the quarter. The angle of the picture makes it look a little off, but they are not:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 68
-