Help needed- Quicktime bell and Jeep Srt exhaust

-

cu440da

Reaction score
I am fitting a 5.7 / T56 into a Warlock. Narrow frame rails have me using Jeep SRT8 stock headers. I bought the bell with starter on pass side (8077) thinking it would work but it is hitting starter pretty hard. Has anyone confirmed the Jeep manifolds clear the Quicktime 8074 bell with the starter on driver side? If not, anyone have pics of the starter mounted on the 8074 bell so I can visualize where it mounts?

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• 20140709_164808.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 187
Oops- I guess it matters which ones. 1st gen SRT8 Jeep manifolds. They are the tubular manifolds with the full heat shield similar to the car manifolds.

Attachments

• jeepsrt8manifolds.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 192
  • jeepsrt8manifolds2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 178
Although the Jeep SRTs work better on the average conversion than the LX SRTs, I don't know of anyone who has used the Jeep SRTs. On a truck, the popular header is the shorty header with center dump. There's a place down in Arkansas that sells them, but the name slips my mind. Some guys have used them on a-bodies here, so I'm sure they'll chime in. That'll be a cool truck when you're done. I remember a guy who did the same conversion on a Lil Red Express. He used the headers I speak of...

Believe it or not, there is less room between the frame rails of a full size truck than in the A bodies. Car SRT's are a complete no go. The Jeep SRT's fit really well (on a test fit with 727 attached) with only minor frame lip rolling needed for a few spots where some tubes could touch on acceleration. With headers as expensive as they are now-a-days, experimenting hoping to find one that fits is not a viable option. The stock headers I found were affordable and are regarded to work very well.

I believe the outfit you are referring to is Street & Performance. I have seen those headers but was unsure of the fitment. I have dug around online and there just is not a lot of talk on the Hemi in a truck subject.

Yeah, the Jeep SRT manifolds are good if you can make them work. I had a Lil Red with long tubes on it when I got it and put Sanderson shortys / center dump for a MUCH better fit, in multiple ways. Yes, S&P is the place that has the shorties for the Gen3. The guy I know of used them on his Lil Red with good results. As I recall, they're not very expensive. IF you bought them, I'd bet you could recoup your costs (or come close to it) by selling the SRTs. After all I went through to perform all the mods to my conversion, I'm all for recommending stuff that's an easy fit, as long as quality and performance are not compromised. Good luck with it...

Why cant anything be easy? I'd settle for mildly difficult.

Just got my new Quicktime 8074 bell in. Super excited to fit the motor and trans in the truck and make some serious headway. The bell fits the motor and the SRT's should clear the starter. Try to fit the block plate on and there isnt a single hole that lines up. Their tech line is closed, of course, because UPS delivers so freakin late around here. There is no way that the block plate that shipped with the bell is the right one. Its stamped 6074 in case anyone happens to know which one it is actually supposed to ship with.

-
Back