Help needed with 440 motorhome dipstick...

-

Button

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I need to know where I might be able to get a 440 "motorhome" oil dip-stick. The vehicle is an 83 Ram Charger but the motor is from a 1977 Motorhome. The pictures are of the dip stick from the top, (my finger is on the end of the tube) and where it is connected to the oil pan. Is there a place/site I can go to get an dip stick that will fit this? I bought a Spectre one for a 440 but it comes no where close to fitting this.
I have looked around on line and am coming up with a big goose-egg right now.

Attachments

• 000_2240.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 000_2241.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 768
Some of the motorhomes (class A especially) use a braided cable type dip stick so they could route it all the way out toward the front of the grill so you could check it without having to take the doghouse off. those things are kind of a pain to get lined up so they slip in easily. I would recommend the truck or B-van version. If you want one of those, I have a setup for sale. PM me with your shipping info and I'll get you a quote.
Thanks, Mark

Some of the motorhomes (class A especially) use a braided cable type dip stick so they could route it all the way out toward the front of the grill so you could check it without having to take the doghouse off. those things are kind of a pain to get lined up so they slip in easily. I would recommend the truck or B-van version. If you want one of those, I have a setup for sale. PM me with your shipping info and I'll get you a quote.
Thanks, Mark
Yep, what he said. The pan should be the same as the truck pan, just the tube is a little different and the stick should be different. You might check the dealer and see if the tube/stick are still available sitting on a shelf somewhere. Don't just take their first word that it is NS1. Duh, we know that. Ask them to run the numbers through the locator. Maybe you have a good dealer who will do this without having to be asked, I DON'T :sad:. Alternatively, especially if your pan doesn't fit right or is damaged, you can buy the whole smear through Mopar Performance. Here is a link to the pan package from Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-5249064/. Couldn't believe how cheap they are when I built a new 440 for one of my older trucks. Salvage yard wanted $150 just for the pan and extra for the pick-up and dipstick. They wouldn't believe I could buy it all NEW for less than $100.

I need to know where I might be able to get a 440 "motorhome" oil dip-stick. The vehicle is an 83 Ram Charger but the motor is from a 1977 Motorhome. The pictures are of the dip stick from the top, (my finger is on the end of the tube) and where it is connected to the oil pan. Is there a place/site I can go to get an dip stick that will fit this? I bought a Spectre one for a 440 but it comes no where close to fitting this.
I have looked around on line and am coming up with a big goose-egg right now.
...................................................................................................
Here's the 440 truck setup I recommend. $20.00 plus the ride includes one ea. of a tube, dip stick, and pan fitting..
Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• 100_0705.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 408
-
Back