Help needed

-

Bubu

Reaction score
Guys,

I am pulling out my engine to start the turbo project and do some engine bay work. I need some help on different areas. My car was an all motor 340 and it ran 10.90's with the current setup. I am keeping the long block but changing some things to try and make it more boost friendly. This is were my questions begin, whats the best way to reduce compression on these engines (without changing pistons or heads). Maybe use a cometic mls head gasket, use a dead copper felpro spacer? What options are out there? Will an adjustable timing sprocket set help? Like I said, I dont want to start changing internals yet. This is my first domestic turbo build ( actually my first 8 cyl ). Thanks.

Here is some info:

63cc head chambers
0 deck block
30 over bore
purple cam (Duration 284/284, Lift .528/.528)
Flat top pistons ( dont know cr )
202/160 valves

You will need a part # on the pistons to figure out what the CR is now. Making any type of guess could be catastrophic before you even start. Once that is figured out then trying to get it lowered is the next step.

Here is what I came up with if flat tops and 5cc valve reliefs...........

You will need to either change the pistons or open up the chambers in the heads to get it down there in Compression.

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 11.00.54 AM.jpg

Thanks for the info. My only concern with your suggestion is that it seems like there is not much room to de-shroud the chambers on these heads.

You dont think a copper spacer is an option to consider?

-
Back