-
Status
Not open for further replies.

vmblues

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My girlfriends dad has a Mopar 340 block that he asked me to help him sell. Has main caps, crank, pistons, 7 connecting rods, and he said something about needing a sleeve. If I remember right the casting number is 2780930. He bought this about 15 years ago for his duster and really doesnt know how much it would be worth today. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I found a standard bore 340 block with a cast crank locally for $300. Your block needs a sleeve, so that will bring the value down. You need to figure out what crank you have. If you have a forged crank, that will bring the value back up.

A few years back I bought a '73 340 cast crank, std. bore, that needed 2 sleeves and a reconditioned crank for 200 bucks. Hope this helps.........

Something you forgot to throw into the equasion is the location of this block. That will have a bearing on how much one is willing to spend then apply the cost of getting it to them. If it were 20 miles from me i would talk to someone on it but if it's in England, well i 'll have to pass. Any chance that you might give us ALL the info please.
Small Block

Well i will find out about the crank later today, location is in St. Louis, not England.
Sounds like what Cuda said will be about what we will get for it.

If the price is $200 for the pile i'll take it upon inspection of pictures that i hope you can supply. Seein how we are close i can be a player. I'm south of ya about 3.5 hrs. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Thanks
Small Block

'the price is not for sure and the pics are on craigslist just look up "1973 mopar 340"
pm me your email and i will try to get better ones and you would have to pick up.

I let one got for 40 bucks but it needed 2 sleeves. I though I made out OK. PAW sells complete resleeved STD bore 340 blocks, or at least they used to. Someone will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back