help pulsing light

-

silver fox

Reaction score
the duster did not want to start no spark this has been an on & off problem work's great then it won't start so with the snow blowing out side I turned the tone's on grabbed a pop & started to go over each connection it has electronic ignition there is a block by the dist. that wire's from the dist connect into after I cleaned the block I tested the connection's with the key in the on position to see which had power I have one that pulsates like the single light was on just on & off can anyone tell why or what this would be or what it's for thank's

Need more info on the box! Pictures would be a BIG help. The more info you can supply, the more we can help.
The cars all had differences, and who knows what "modifications" have been made?

BC

Supplied voltage to ignition should not pulse. There are a couple of things that will cause a pulse in system voltage that resembles a signal flash. 73 model had an electric choke assist. A small ceramic controller mounted with one of the coil bracket bolts has a red wire terminal on it. Those can go bad and cause the pulse. Instrument voltage limiter in the dash can also.
All just wild guesses until we know what parts you have.

Check that harness connector for the distributor, as I had intermittant connection issue's with mine so I removed it.
Everything would be just fine, then all the sudden no start.
Go back in 5 min, and it would start right up.
Next morning, no start.
Chk everything, and it would start right up again.

Finally tracked it down to the little two pin connector, and never a problem since.

Hey how ya doing I'm just across the river with a couple mopars a 66 valiant and a 67 belvedere and it is cold today I just put a manual choke in "Rhonda" our valiant and winter car had similar issue lately and found a loose connection on the voltometer which would kill all power. If you need some help or a different set of eyes let me know.

thank's gang leaving town for a couple week's i'll check out all that was said man I hate electrical gremlins i'm dealing with previous owner's doing's but any more thought's will be welcome thank's again

-
Back