Help removing my rear window

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
Ive searched and haven't seen anything for my 72 swinger. Ive never taken a window out that I needed to re-use. I don't care about the seal because im going to replace it with a new one. I need to get the window out to repair the notorious rust at the lower corners. Also can the rope trick work on this window or not. I was in the military and when installing windows we used the rope trick with either grease or a butt ton of soap .Not going to use grease on the car if your wondering. haha

I've had good luck on dart rear glass by using a plastic chisel and Wd40 or penetrating oil. Do it in the sun so the rubber is as soft as possible, then use the plastic chisel to separate the rubber from the glass. Then I go inside and start pushing the glass out from one top corner than the other, go back and forth and it will separate. keep working on the top of the glass, the rest will follow. I do it by myself, but if you can get someone to help you by working the chisel from the outside it will come out much faster. I really doesn't take that long.

make sure you have the new seal before attempting-- time & pressure with lots of sunshine is all you need.

if you have a new seal this is easy, remove all trim cut the gasket completely through-- just below the glass edge(i would cut the top side) then roll the glass out of the gasket.-- remove said glass.
Lawrence

-
Back