Help removing the headliner in 65 Dart Wagon

-

hemi446

Reaction score
Ok so I started on my two door conversion and I need to remove the headliner in order to clean up the area were the B-pillar was attached to the roof area. Most of the cars I have replaced the headliner in had trim the covered the sides of the headliner and you just unscrewed the trim and popped the bows out of the pockets and the headliner comes down on the sides. I removed the sun visor and the coat hook and the plastic trim right in front of the rear side glass but the headliner seems to be held in with some type of clip but I can't pop anything loose and I don't want to destroy anything because I need to reinstall it at some point. Thanks for any help you can give with this problem.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have never had to remove the headliner to do either of the two door conversions that I've done. If it were me I would just stick a piece of sheet metal up behind the b-pillar area in there temporarily while I ground down and smoothed down what remained of the b-pillar. If you are really dead set on getting that headliner out, it's probably glued up on those hooks there. I don't know that there's a clip that holds it in place.

-
Back