Help removing torsion bars with TTIs in a Early-A

-

socal_65dartgt

Reaction score
I tried to remove my t-bars from my Dart and couldn't get the American Muscle t-bar tool on the t-bar.

The only two places where I can even get at the t-bars are:
  • in front of the TTIs just before the LCA - not enough room for the tool to clear the headers, let alone get a hammer blow on the tool
  • in front of the trans x-member - have enough t-bar length but not enough room between the installed t-bar and the floor for the tool.

I put the t-bars in backwards (left vs. right) and wanted to swap them around but cant figure out how to get them out without damaging them.

Anyone have any ideas or practical experience?

Take to nuts off the lower arm pivot shafts and Knock the crap out of the lower arm with a 4 lb hammer . The lower arm goes rearward and takes the torsion bar with it. Smack it again forward and it should drop the torsion bar.

Take to nuts off the lower arm pivot shafts and Knock the crap out of the lower arm with a 4 lb hammer . The lower arm goes rearward and takes the torsion bar with it. Smack it again forward and it should drop the torsion bar.

This worked for me.

Although the adjusters are completely unwound, there is still a significant amount of bind in the LCA unless you loosen the arm like Red said.

Jim

-
Back