Help With A Seat Measurement

-

blue missile

Reaction score
I need someone with a 73-76 Duster to measure the distance from the roof sheetmetal or headliner, which ever you have to the surface you sit on. I would prefer a stock bucket seat, but a bench will work.
Every time I get in my car it seems Im sitting way to low compared to a stock seat. Now is the time for me to make the adjustment.
Thanks again
Andrew

Do you have plastic spacers under the seat tracks? The bucket seat abodies I have worked on have a round 3/4"? spacer under the seat tracks. I can't remember if it is under just the rear or the front too. Someone else might be able to help with the exact thickness and location.

I had the same problem years ago, then I looked at another car and discovered the problem.

I do not have any spacers under the tracks for the racing seats. They are just temp bolted in place. I just really needed a stock measurement for comparison.
It could just be the shape of the racing seat with its sunk in center that cradles you butt, that is the difference.
Thanks for your reply though.
Andrew

I changed out the seats in my car and they actually sit very low also. I could give you the height of the rear seat but I know that this wouldn't help you. I am interested in the answer as I will be changing my front buckets soon also and was wondering what the proper height is. If there is spacers used, I wonder if these can be ordered???

I do not have any spacers under the tracks for the racing seats. They are just temp bolted in place. I just really needed a stock measurement for comparison.
It could just be the shape of the racing seat with its sunk in center that cradles you butt, that is the difference.
Thanks for your reply though.
Andrew

I'd help you out with that one but the seats (and the whole interior) are out of my car right now. Hopefully someone else will have that for you.

with the 8*angle Im sitting almost 2" lower than stock!
Thanks again Dave for the info
Andrew

-
Back