Help with air compressor!

-

SSG_Karg

Enhanced member
Reaction score
I have a Kaeser AS30 oil injected screw compressor. It will not go into load phase from idle. It will only build 25lbs of pressure in the sump with the vent line valve open and will only climb to 50lbs if I close the valve. I’m thinking the minimum pressure check valve is hanging up. Anyone know air compressors?

In general. There is an check valve or unloader mechanism somewhere if it isn't a constant volume system. All I could find on Kaeser's website was sales information. Is the inlet filter clean?

Ditto at work our screw compressor wasn't building pressure and inlet filter was problem cheap check just take filter out test if works replace filter hope that works

Over the last couple of months it has been taking longer and longer to go into load phase after turning the unit on. Should only take about 5-10 seconds for the inlet valve to open and begin building pressure but it has been taking up to 10 minutes to finally kick in.
I suspected dirty filters so I gave it a complete maintenance service. Oil and filters changed and belts checked; now it won't go into load at all. Oil level is correct. There is a pneumatic cylinder that operates the air intake valve; possibly sticking so I will attempt to remove and clean it.

-
Back