Help with casting numbers on a 1990 360cid.

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
The previous owner said it was a 360 out of a 1990 ramcharger.
I am not having any luck getting any information on the block and heads. Every place I looked the casting numbers are for mid 60's through early 80's.

The heads look to be stamped 277 and 278. I'm not sure if those were the right numbers or not. I took the valve covers off to find them. Didn't see a long string of numbers like i've seen in the past on other heads.

The block is stamped on the side with 53008921 360

Here is whats on the front of the block.

IMG_0358.jpg

From what i have read so far, one person was saying that if its a TBI motor it should have the 308 heads. Well this is TBI...
IMG_0359.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

Those are stamping numbers, (Don't know what they mean) casting numbers are on the drivers side of the block.

Take off your heads and look where the 2 intake runners are close togther near the where the intake mates up. There should be the numbers your looking for.

That is definetly not a Late Model 360 Long Block,....their ALL BLACK like the 85+ 318s.

TBI, yes...but not a Roller Cam LA 360.

Those are stamping numbers, (Don't know what they mean) casting numbers are on the drivers side of the block.

Take off your heads and look where the 2 intake runners are close togther near the where the intake mates up. There should be the numbers your looking for.

This is the casting number from the drivers side.

53008921 360

Are there suppose to be roller rockers on the roller cam motors?

This is the casting number from the drivers side.

53008921 360

Are there suppose to be roller rockers on the roller cam motors?

I don't think there were. i think it was just roller cam and lifters. Could be wrong, I'm sure someone will help out and correct me if I'm wrong.

-
Back