Help with K frame

-

funwithfuel

Reaction score
Somebody please help me. I picked up a 75 Dart sport last year and stripped it down as an organ donor. I took the front disc brakes, k frame and 8 3/4 rear. I'm finally ready to get started. Washed my k frame down to discover that the spool mounts were cut off and relocated 3/4 " back. I believe this is the correct direct connection modification to mount a B R/B engine. So now, my dilemma, am I screwed? do I have to cut and weld back to the original position? Can I mount the motor mounts on the front side of the ears? Does somebody close wanna swap frames? I am so pissed at myself for not catching it sooner.:banghead: I wanna get going here soon as the weather is just so darn beautiful. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance y'all might shed on this.

maybe I missed a few things here but what engine are you putting in the car? what trans? headers no headers? need more info and pics would be a plus

phone crashed , that was my only camera. I realize this sucks , but imagine the ears for the spool mounts cut off almost flush with the rest of the frame then relocated and welded 3/4 inch rearward. The spread between the ears remains unchanged, just locates the mounting point to the rear by 3/4 inch from original position. I know I saw this procedure outlined somewhere, for installing a big block. I am just concerned that I''ll have to rework everything to stuff my small block.

man , I type slow. Sticking in a 5.9 magnum converted to carb in front of a 727 trans with exhaust manifolds A body block hugger manifold on L/S and Magnum manifold on R/S Power steering with manual brakes .

Check with Bob Shingler over on BBD, he has the dimensions on the K members as to where the mounts are located/relocated for BBM & SBM.

-
Back