help with mounting scoop

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
i have a dual snorkel hoodscoop that i am mounting on my duster should i use some double sided tape or something when mounting, to have a little cushion between hood and scoop for vibration and to keep a little softness in between or just mount scoop to hood with nothing in between, thanks

I bolted a factory dual snorkel scoop onto my hood with no problems. No cushion of any kind. Scoop never cracked or anything. And I ABUSED (4 wheels off of the ground) that car a few times. I opened the hood under the scoop, but left all of the factory hood bracing in place. It's been on there over 30 years now without a complaint, but it's been parked most of that time.

I bolted a factory dual snorkel scoop onto my hood with no problems. No cushion of any kind. Scoop never cracked or anything. And I ABUSED (4 wheels off of the ground) that car a few times. I opened the hood under the scoop, but left all of the factory hood bracing in place. It's been on there over 30 years now without a complaint, but it's been parked most of that time.
thanks i will take your advice

-
Back