Help with my daughters rat rod again.

-

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
As some of you know I am helping my 7 year old daughter build her first car for when she is 16. We are making a truck out of a 76 Dodge B100 Tradesman Van, and a 50's Sweptside truck bed.

I received so much help with finding the license plates that I figured I would ask this one last favor. She wants to put random emblems on the dash of the van. We are going to apply them with epoxy then clear coat the whole dash. I called all of my local junkyards and only one will let people pull just emblems and they want $3 for a broken one and $7 for whole one.

I'm not asking for whole emblems in fact we would actually prefer broken ones to flow with the rat rod theme. Metal is also preferred but we are playing the part of the proverbial beggar so we can in fact not be choosers. Thank you

Also again thank you to everyone that helped with the license plate gathering.

Oh **** people want a lot of money for broken items. I have advertised on local sources for broken emblems and signets.

So far the only offer I have got is a shoe box full for $250.

I said "No thank you!, but if you can go lower by about $225 let me know." He quickly replied with "Oh I can see your another one of those people."

Let me check. I know I had some old emblems. Not sure if I still have them. If I do they are yours.

I found a couple emblems from a 1949 Renault 4cv buried in the bottom of a box. That's a start lol.

I might have a couple for ya. I know i've got an old Suburban one off a big ole MOPAR station wagon and believe I have an aluminum VOLKSWAGEN one. Not sure what else I have that is metal but will check. I still have those dash vents for your RC too if you still need them

I have one...but I'm sorry, I have to say I will keep that "HP2" on my toolbox right where it is! Of course...it's epoxied on, so I'm not sure I could give it to you if I wanted to...

(Yes, I do have an HP2 badge on my tool box. No, I had no idea what it was when I got it. It was $2 at a swap meet and I thought it was cool.)

I need to remember to send you the license plate I promised, though!

I think I have an old Rambler emblem around. I'll look. Want a HEMI emblem off '68 Charger?

Are you still needing license plates? I am at home for a few days and can get some shipped out if you cover shipping.

I have one...but I'm sorry, I have to say I will keep that "HP2" on my toolbox right where it is! Of course...it's epoxied on, so I'm not sure I could give it to you if I wanted to...

(Yes, I do have an HP2 badge on my tool box. No, I had no idea what it was when I got it. It was $2 at a swap meet and I thought it was cool.)

I can't tell you how many times I have used epoxy to attach things just to regret it later on.

I used epoxy to attach an old school hood ornament to my wall to use as a coat hanger. Well I did that when I was 14 and later on in life I moved out and shortly after that so did my parents, and they wouldn't let rip it off the wall to get it back cause it would piss off the new owners.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's an HP2? Never heard of one that I know of.

$T2eC16N,%21%29MFIbzdEEB%21BSTK8w%21dN%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

1966-Plymouth-Belvedere1.jpg

-
Back