Help with Speedo cable hookup

-

Southside

Reaction score
Well I installed a new Fast Lane bezel and gauges ( Z series Autometer ). Everything is fine EXCEPT the back of the cable for my (72 Dart) speedo' is the plasitic clip type. The back of the gauge is screw-on . I believe all '67-74 speedo' cables are plastic clip. Has anyone else run into this and or can someone give me some suggestions where both ends will fit and work correctly? Thanks.

I am not sure but I believe a '66 A body cable is screw-on. Anyone with a'66 A body know?:dontknow:

Southside,

Not sure on the speedo, but am interested as well. I'm planning on complementing my current AutoMeter Z-Series gauges (Water/Oil/Volt/Tach) with the addition of Speedometer & Fuel Level gauges in a custom cluster.

Please post some pics of your Fastlane Bezel!

Here's my plan (Speedo & Tach may swap sides):

Panel.JPG

DartGTDan , Sorry I can't post any pics until my son returns from camp with my camera. I'm afraid that won't be until next month. I will post them when he returns.

66/67 speedo cable is the same and uses a threaded fitting at the speedometer and a larger nut at the pinion adapter. I think the factory used the same adapter up through the mid 70s, 65 uses the same nut at the speedometer but is set-up different at the transmission due to a different pinion adapter

-
Back