Help with trunk trim

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
I just bought a '73 Dart Sport 340 and have started fixing it up. The trunk has a 3 piece cardboard trim that finishes off the trunk area. I bought new trim from Classic Industries as my car's trim was missing and received it today. I figured out how to install the rear trim, but not the side pieces. I have the FSM but it doesn't address this trim, at least I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

What would be helpful if someone has this model Dart Sport or Duster, with the fold down rear seat, post some pictures of the trunk trim. If I can see it installed, then I can figure out how it goes. Thanks again.

Here are some pictures of what I'm dealing with. The first pic shows the two side trim pieces, then the area where they go with the divider down and then up. The last pic is the rear trim piece installed.

Attachments

• IMGP1155.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMGP1156.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP1157.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP1158.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMGP1159.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMGP1160.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 85
I don't think I've ever seen side trim in Dusters / Dart sports even with the fold down option. The rear piece that I have is plastic. Can you post up some measurements of the side pieces? Are there holes to "attach" them? or are they friction fit?

Thanks for your reply player1up. I went to our local craigslist and found one for sale. The cardboard trim was '73 only as far as I can tell. Anyway, after messing around with it for quite a while, I just trimmed it to fit instead of folding it like the original. It warps no matter what you do...lol.

-
Back