help !!!!

-

100 mile

Reaction score
ok here it goes, i started out with a 1974 valiant which i later found out that the whole roof skin was rotten, seing as though i wanted to change it to a dart style front and rear end i recently picked up a 72 dart which looked reasonable on the outside, as i was loading it on the trailer i discovered the whole front frame rails and tortion arm cross member is completely rotten, the place where i got the dart from has a 71 shell which i have to look into further to see if it is worth while picking up. i am pondering the thought of changing the entire frame rail assembly off the 74 onto the 72, but if i go with the 71 will the disk breaks off the 74 bolt right onto the 71 or 72 ( i realize i have to change to the power booster) and the other question is where can i get a rear disk break axle for a reasonable price. i am trying to get all the parts together for my winter project.

thanks in advance

shane

The disc brakes are interchangeable and you don't have to use a booster with them. My Cuda has manual discs and works fine. But man to change all the frame rails is a huge job. BTW: It's not a full frame car so you'd be changing the front section and rear rails independently. My guess is you'll run into more rust along the way too. First thing on a old car is to check the frame over good. The body can be decent but remember the frame is what's underneath taking all the beating and getting crapped on by winter stuff. I think I'd rather change out the roof than all the frame rails but that's just my thinking.

yah, the rear frame rails look fine, but ill take a better look at them today, i just got back from out of town, i also think ill take a better look at one of the other ones he has there to see if one of the shells has fraim rails in better shape. ill keep you posted

i still havent taken any pictures but i picked up that 71 the frame rails are sweet and so is the floor for the most part,the old lady is kinda pissed due to now having 3 a body"s here as uposto 1 which was origionally expected but come spring the other 2 should be gone, ill get some pictures now and through the build and also of the rotissery am goung to build to make this a little easier

-
Back