Help

-

milehivaliant

Reaction score
Will a 68 Dodge Dart 904 auto trans fit a 62 Plymouth Valiant i belive its the 195 slant six w/3 on the tree trans
Thanks for your help

No 198 slant six till 70. If I remember right 68 would be a column shift trans while the 62 is pushbutton shift. Since you are starting with a 3 on the tree you need a diffrent column anyway, I don't know if a column shift auto column will swap in. May be someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Not a bad upgrade since you don't care about being stock. You'll need a shifter of some sort....floor aftermarket cable type or a modified later Mopar linkage one. If the engine is stock (or has a '67 and earlier crank) you'll need to get a converter built with the small button and the later pump/stator requirements for the transmission. You'll also need a yoke and driveshaft for the later transmission, cooling lines, an automatic radiator with the cooler or an aftermarket cooler assy, dust covers, later Mopar starter, and an early flex plate with mounting hardware. If you could get a '66-7 transmission, you could avoid the converter problems. The only other thing you might need is the backup light wiring and switch if your car is equipped with that option.

-
Back