Help

-

Dust86

Reaction score
I have a 74 duster and my slant went down last week i pulled it out an i plan to rebuild it and put a turbo on it. In the meantime i bought a slant out of a 87 dodge truck and im getting ready to put it in my car and was wondering if y'all have any advice for a beginner that may make this motor have a little more pep?? Thanks

Intake, carb, exhaust, electric ignition conversion, and a fuel line mod. Dan could tell you more about what to do with them.

Don't - put it in as is and save the time + money for the turbo engine

Yall got that junk runnin yet?

Kind of... We still have to install the accu-sump and the Boost Cooler reservoir and pump. A couple of days ago, we drilled the carb hat for the boost-reference fitting for the regulator; today we installed the spray nozzle in the carb hat for the alky/water injector. Tomorrow, we will build a support bracket for the reservoir (in the trunk; no room under the hood!) and drill 4 holes in the floor to mount the pump.

Still have to set the pinion angle (Cal Tracs) an installl the driveshaft loop.

And install the MSD 6-AL dgiital ignition.

Had to order an adapter (90.00!) for the Accu-Sump hose; it will be here Monday.

Drove it to the algnment shop last week; the tranny shifts OK (HARD!) It has a full-manual valve body and no governor, so it always barks the tires (even on the 2-3 shift.)

Freddie says he's going to drive it to church, Sunday. No muffler, so, it might not be appreciated on the church parking lot (it's LOUD!)

Still have some gauge/wiring details to address, but it's basically driveable, and we've taken it around the block a few times.

It's been a long, winding road... and we ain't there yet!!!!

But, we're closer than we were.. LOL!:violent1:

Thanks for askin'!!! :cheers:

What do yall have done to the engine can you give me a rundown? thanks in advance

'64 225 slant six; they all have forged cranks if they're that old...

Bored .065", Wiseco forged pistons, .167" down in the hole, K-1, 7"-long 198 rods, balanced, ported head that has 1.74"/ 1.5" valves, 9:1 compression ratio, 210/210 cam with .484" lift ground with 115-degree lobe separation, Hurricane (Aussie Speed) intake manifold, 750 Double pumper Holley 4150 carb, modified for blow-thru, stock distributor, 18 degrees total mechanical advance, new 340 valve springs with an added inner that isn't very strong. Homemade header (with a wastegate and a blowoff valve,) and a 76mm Turbonetics turbo, (3" downpipe,) with a Spearco intercooler that is supposed to work for up to 550 horsepower, and a Snowperformanc Boost Cooler alky/water injector with a Walbro 392 fuel pump two fuel filters, and a Mallory 4309 boost-oriented fuel pressure regulator.

Similar engines make 500+ horsepower, but we are ham-handed mechanics with no turbo experience and no slant six experience, so we'll be lucky to get 300 out of this pile of bolts.

Actually, 300 would make me pretty happy... :finga:

-
Back