Help!!!

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
OK so I bought these wheels for the 67 dart,very awsome cragers-love them. The only problem is the tire hits the wheel well before the car sits all the way down. My option is to either sell the wheel set which I dont want or open the wells to accomodate them. I am horrible at any type of body repair so I am offering the wheel well trims and fender trims with a set of turn signals for trade to resolve my issue. Any offers.........:bball: I am in the tri citys area.

Here's what you do, raise the car up until the tires clear, then take an old wood baseball bat, & put it between the wheel lip & tire, have someone lower the car SLOWLY! till the lip meets the bat, then roll the bat on the sidewall of the tire back & forth, then lower again & repeat, being super carefull not to distort the outer body skin. eventually this will flatten out the inner fender lip, & your tires wont rub.

275 60 15. They are the set USCG charger had. Theres no clearance issue on the spring side & I forgot what the back spacing was although that doesnt really matter now. Just wide enough to rub on the lip. I have tried the wifes rolling pin,what a great tool I added to my collection just not big enough.

The only problem is the tire is too big. It's very wide and about 3" taller than the stock tire would have been.

265-50-15 would be closer to the stock height and almost as wide. (may give you the room you need)

255-60-15 would be about 2" taller and still look fat out back.

How wide are the wheels.

I have some brand new crager SS 15x7 and 15x8 . The backspace on these is 4 1/4 & the tires came with the rims. They were on a 70's dart with no issues,maybe the fender wells are different? Well Ill make these work one way or another.

Does the width of the rim and the backspacing dictate the tire size that will fit? If I change the tire wont it still be to wide due to the rim? I'll be asking at a local tire store also,thanks for all the help.

If you go to this thread they are talking about 275s on an 8" rim fitting on a dart. Sounds like you need to roll the fender and move the springs.

If the wheels and 275s you have came off a dart and "Fit" my guess is the back of the car was very high and was over the tires. I doubt the tires were inside the wheel wells.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=66397

Well so far no torch necessary just a bit of manipulation and massaging. I still have a bit of hammer and block to do but there in and running!!:cheers::cheers:

PICT1494.JPG

PICT1495.JPG

PICT1496.JPG

PICT1497.JPG

Well now that this is over with I am selling the old set that was on. I am asking $200 for them with lugs & caps. I prefer not to ship so if anyones intrested let me know. And have a Happy 4th!!!! :brave::usa2::headbang::toothy2::hello1:

-
Back