Hemi A body guys....what master cyl for 4W discs?

-

ratbastad

Reaction score
Guys Im fitting my Hemi into my A body atm and am sorting out what braking parts I need.

What master cylinder should I use to work well with Wilwood 4 piston calipers up front and Wilwood rears (with Ebrake). I don't want to run a Wilwood master, Id prefer a disc/disc OEM style Alum master cylinder with plastic reservoir.

Also, what bore size?

Im using the offset MC adaptor to clear the Hemi valve cover so it would need to be able to bolt onto the adaptor bolt spacing wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is a 3500lb street/strip ride !

Thanx !!

Guys Im fitting my Hemi into my A body atm and am sorting out what braking parts I need.

What master cylinder should I use to work well with Wilwood 4 piston calipers up front and Wilwood rears (with Ebrake). I don't want to run a Wilwood master, Id prefer a disc/disc OEM style Alum master cylinder with plastic reservoir.

Also, what bore size?

Im using the offset MC adaptor to clear the Hemi valve cover so it would need to be able to bolt onto the adaptor bolt spacing wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is a 3500lb street/strip ride !

Thanx !!

I`m interested in this too. mine is about in the same stage as yours, but w/ a 505" wedge.
have read that a master cyl. off an 85chrysler will work. I ask what cyl. bore size it was , and didn`t get a response.
anyone ?-----------------------------------------bob

I know you said you don't want to use Wilwood, but I have been running the Wilwood 4 wheel disc set up with the master cylinder for 7 years with zero issues. Here is how it looks in the car:

TheBoss.jpg

Old School...what bore size is that MC ? Also what brakes are you running and how well does she stop?

Pedal effort?

Ill be running the same valve covers as well - do you have to remove the MC to remove the valve cover?

Any info would be a great help inc the MC part number !

Killer car btw !!

Thanx

I don't run a Hemi, but I run a Dana 60 with disc brake conversion. I already had front disc brakes. I used the original brake booster and master on mine and it all work beautifully. You big *** Hemi boys probably run into fitment problems because the motor is so big the master doesn't fit, I imagine?

I don't run a Hemi, but I run a Dana 60 with disc brake conversion. I already had front disc brakes. I used the original brake booster and master on mine and it all work beautifully. You big *** Hemi boys probably run into fitment problems because the motor is so big the master doesn't fit, I imagine?

It fits with an offset adaptor ! Do you know what bore size ie as Im curious to real word braking with different MCs?

Thx

Old School...what bore size is that MC ? Also what brakes are you running and how well does she stop?

Pedal effort?

Ill be running the same valve covers as well - do you have to remove the MC to remove the valve cover?

Any info would be a great help inc the MC part number !

Killer car btw !!

Thanx

I will look through the paperwork and get you the part number this evening, if Ms. Oldschool doesn't have other plans for me.. LoL...

I should know that number because I just installed new pads and some new brake line fittings last summer and I had to look all that up before I ordered the stuff.
Pedal effort is what I would call normal, especially when the brakes are cool. Pedal effort goes up a little when they get hot, but not too much. As long as you know it takes a little more pedal when hot, just adjust to it with no issues.
And yes, the valve cover can be removed without touching the MC... 8-)

-
Back