Hemi Car Find ( 4 of them ! )

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Urghhh !
So I'm on vacation skiing and decide to look up a guy I haven't seen in a while.
I give him a call before stopping over but he says he is out of town at his summer home.
We chatted for a while and I told him about the Swiger 340 I found and decided to redo.
He says " Cool....you want to buy a hemi car ? I have 4 of them ! 2 are 69 roadrunners and 2 are 70 Cudas..... But one of those I want to restore. ". The Cuda is an old S/S car that was campaigned then retired and stored.... 1 Runner is a 4 speed with a NOM motor and the other is a numbers matching a/t that apperently blew its rear end by an early owner then parked in the garage for a decade then sold and parked again. That's the one I'm thinking about..has low miles and acorns in the washer resevoir...lol

My live in boss says " you don't need another car ! " not to mention I just dropped some coin on pieces and parts for the Swinger. And I don't have that much room....thus the Urghhh !

Dart and Fastback ! I can scrounge up the money but the room and
the relationship is the problem ! They just don't see classic cars the same way we do.

Oh I see... No .. I wouldn't ask anyone to float me. It would be paid for upfront.

He was out of town when I called. I will go see them when he gets back.
Guarantee they are real. Very solid guy... The Cuda he is keeping was his long ago and I
Knew him then . The other 3 he got from a racer he worked for.... As he put it..." I got paid in Hemicars...lol ". This guy (my friend) is not in need of money so to speak....his tow rig and hauler cost more than most houses.

If room is an issue, by all means sell one of the others!! I'd give my left ******** for a Hemi car!!

What a terrible dilemma to have
I'd be more than happy to assist , I've been known to convince "the boss" how important such a purchase would be to ones wellbeing, I've also managed to squeeze 3-4 cars in a standard 2 car garage , so good luck !

I'm lucky I guess. I don't have the room time or money. Already have a 76 dart, 05 Grand caravan, 91 sanoma and and a 03 corolla. One car garage. Ex roommates car still in the back yard lol plus I still have to pick up my 76 b100 and 78 sportsman 300. But u know what my lady would love it if I brought home another old school ride.

Mine says she doesnt want a used car lot.... even though my used cars are worth as much as the neighbors new cars and in better shape.
My brother brought home a 1 owner 1970 GTO Judge Ram Air IV 4 speed car with 40k original miles and his wife gave him crap about buying another car... (and she likes cars) he sold it a few months later for 24k . The following year one went thru Barrett Jackson for around 190k if IIRC..... He still reminds her of that often...lol
Jim Wangers told him that it was most likely the only Ram Air IV car ever produced with a bench seat... and the GTO nationals were in Mpls that year and they used his car for reference to judge the restored cars.

I got to drive that car around for a few days and it was pretty cool !

If you have the money, i would jump on the deal asap.
When would you get another chance to buy a Hemi car for relatively cheap?
I would love to see pics, the 4 speed Road Runner would be my choice...........

Still have to see the cars... but yeah that's what I keep telling myself...lol

-
Back