Hemi Dart Question ?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
In 68 there was a dart made and fitted with a Hemi and it was coded the LO23 Super Stock Dodge. The Hemi with a 4 speed had a Dana 60 rear end. The Hemi fitted with an automatic had an 8.75 rear end. Seems like the total number of LO23 coded darts was around 80 or so. What gear ratio did the darts come with in the center section from the factory and what case did they put it in. ie; 741,742,489? Any thoughts guys? I've got the authenticity manual in the shop on that very car so i'll wonder out and see what it says. I'm going to build me one of those cars if the economy don't screw things up so i would really like to know.
Thanks
Small Block

I read somewhere that the Dana cars came with the 67 B-body dana's and left the factory with 3.54 gears that were chaged to 4.88. Not 100% that this is the total truth, but they did use the 67 model dana's because the are narrower than the 68 B-body dana.
Matt

In 68 there was a dart made and fitted with a Hemi and it was coded the LO23 Super Stock Dodge. The Hemi with a 4 speed had a Dana 60 rear end. The Hemi fitted with an automatic had an 8.75 rear end. Seems like the total number of LO23 coded darts was around 80 or so. What gear ratio did the darts come with in the center section from the factory and what case did they put it in. ie; 741,742,489? Any thoughts guys? I've got the authinticity manual in the shop on that very car so i'll wonder out and see what it says. I'm going to build me one of those cars if the economy don't screw things up so i would really like to know.
Thanks
Small Block

In 68 they had the 741 and 742 cases. 489 wasn't out yet. So I'm sure it was the 742.

its not the real thing so why worry about it. IMO any dart with a hemi, auto or stick should sport a DANA60. if nothing else it looks cool 8). and i also hope you have some fab skills along with patience, a hemi in an A-body is nothing but a pain in the *** to work on.

its not the real thing so why worry about it. IMO any dart with a hemi, auto or stick should sport a DANA60. if nothing else it looks cool 8). and i also hope you have some fab skills along with patience, a hemi in an A-body is nothing but a pain in the *** to work on.

BTW you are correct. 1. dart 2. hemi 3. dana 60 4. 4 speed - what else could you possible want??????????????????????????
Matt

Small Block:
Don't quote me on this but I seem to recall the Hemi 4 speed car had a Dana 60 with 4:88:1 rear gears and the A727 automatic had a 742 case with 4:86:1 rear gears. Both versions could "boogie."

-
Back