Hemi Dart Wheels & Tires?

-

Grabowski

Reaction score
hey guys,

I saw this 68 hemi dart. It looks perfect for my dart project
and i try to figure out which tire and wheel size it could be.

front: 195-70-14
rear: 235-60-14

or 15?

may be someone can help me. thx

cheers

denny

Attachments

• hemidart9.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 452
Same here I think they are 15's

I'm running on mine

Front: 15x6 195/60R15
Rear: 15x8 225/60R15

With lots of backspace so I didn't have to roll or cut the fenders.

BFG silvertown/firestone 6.70-15 fronts 27-28" tall
31x12.5-15 M/T Street Rear

you look at the original cars and they had really tall fronts to help with staging in the beams...

Attachments

• joesdart023 [180x113].jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 349
  • norms dart 003(1).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN1371.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 360
thats what I mean. It looks very stock to me.
So the hemi darts did not have 15s.
14s with tall tires in front and low "big" tires in the rear..

thats what I mean. It looks very stock to me.
So the hemi darts did not have 15s.
14s with tall tires in front and low "big" tires in the rear..

What do you mean by stock? As delivered from Hurst to the racers OR as raced? And if you are looking for an "as raced" look, what time period are you shoting for?

The rules changed over the years. And the rear tires got wider and taller. When originally raced in 1968 they did not have the size slicks as those cars posted above. As the tires quickly got wider and taller, the racers modified the rear wheel opens more to fit those wider and taller tires.

As delivered to the racers they had 14" fronts and 15" rear. On pretty narrow tires. The rears have the center pushed out to accommodate the B-body wide rear end.

sry my mistake..
I think the Dart in my first post was a 68 GTS 383 car which has a 528 hemi now.
And these 383 GTS Darts had no 15s wheels in 1968 as they left the factorys, thats what I mean by stock. But if you ask me they wanna make these GTS Dart look like a Hemi Dart because of the thin tall front tires ( and the scoop as well).

In Germany we re not allowed to drive these slicks on the street, but the black dart tire setup looks a bit like the race hemi's above. So its a good option for me, it looks like a hemi but its street legal.

-
Back