Hemi in to 69 Swinger, like to go manual

-

roylerumble

Reaction score
So, my dart shell has been sitting in storage for some time and I'm planning on getting to it. Was just a 69 /6 auto. A local guy has abandoned his Duster project and has the Gerst rear and front set up for a Gen3. I'm tempted to do the swap, so I've been combing through here to try to research it. I'd like to do a manual. As I understand, the truck motors would drop in without having to swap the oil pan and pick up, but I would have to swap them on a car motor. Only a few years of 2500 pick ups had the nv4500 5 speed or the nv5600 6 speed and the G56 6 speed. Are they suitable transmissions, or should I be looking at a different transmission, or combo from a car, and doing the pan/sump swap? I guess the second think would be pedals. I'd have to add the clutch set up, and there were so many options there. Go Hydraulic?

I would think that using the truck transmission etc in an A body would require modifications to the transmission tunnel also. 65'

You don't want a truck trans in a car, they are for torque applications not for quick shifting. You should buy a drivetrain out of a wrecked Challenger then change the pan and pickup...

Ok, since a 727 or 904 automatic bolts up to a G3 I have to assume an A833 will also work. Stock SB bell housing, stock shifter location, no floor mods.

Ok, since a 727 or 904 automatic bolts up to a G3 I have to assume an A833 will also work. Stock SB bell housing, stock shifter location, no floor mods.
The A833 will bolt up but you have to shorten the input shaft nearly 1 inch to fit

-
Back