Hemi Motor Mounts ?

-

66 Valiant

Reaction score
How or where can I find engine mounts for a 73 A body V8 K frame in my 71 Dart? I had a 440 in it but kind of blow it up. I'm thinking on putting in a 528 or 572 Hemi. Any other info would also be much a appreciated.
From what I can tell it looks like the engine has to be off set to the passenger side 1 or 2 inches for the drive train to line up.
Thanks.

find 805moparkid, he works at SS/AFX. will need to trim the right side inner fender. pretty sure if you go with conventional mounts you will need to drop the k-frame down a bit.

a few pictures of how mine was "massaged". hope you have a deep wallet....just in a set of Stage V heads/rockers and a good set of shafts stands you will be pushing the 6k mark.

Attachments

• 100_0161 (Medium).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_0162 (Medium).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_0163 (Medium).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 438
  • 100_0178 (Medium).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 401
Looks like you had to mod the K frame

If I decide to go thru with the HEMI I am going to be using a motor plate and a rear sump pan from Charlies so the k-frame was notched to clear the pan. The square stock under the k-frame was a dolly that was welded on so the car could be moved around.

Attachments

• 100_0119.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 471
805MoparKids place of employment, they sell the mounts etc. or you can contact Kramer, I believe they sell the mounts as well. There is also a guy in Wisconsin that will modify your k-member to work. I have his name, just need to find it. He answers his phone, unlike one of the other places that has been mentioned. Part of his deal is he moves the steering box over a bit to give you a little more room. To compensate for the box being moved he will also tweak the idler arm so everything stays like it belongs....I will look for his number. You should give him a call so he can explain the steering linkage stuff to you....

-
Back