HEMIs aint good???

-
Finally, got past the second paragraph on that article what a Chevy homer. If you have disdain for the Hemi engine, which many probably kicked in car he ever owned to the curb, why write a whole article about it.

The biggest dog of a car that I ever drove was a Corvette with a 454(stock rebuild). Why is it that my lowly SB powered car blew a 442 Cutlass(love those cars) into the weeds,teenagers shouldn't be allowed to have a car like that and I know his daddy paid for everything.

According to what he wrote Mopars should only be just barely running, like all the redneck Chebbys out there, and are not fit to be among Chevy's and Ford's.

I was working in my friends dads garage in the late 60's and early 70's. I worked on most all types of cars back then even a 70 Barracuda with a hemi and 4spd. I was very much tuned into the local street seen back then and was driving a 67 Pontiac LeMans with a 350 I swapped in.

A lot of what this writer states is true inspite of the anti mopar bias.

At the time the general build quality of mopars was worse than Ford or GM.

The street guys all lusted after the hemi but an $800 option on a $3000 car was just to big a nut to swallow for most especially when a 440 was almost on par and was more than a match for the GM and Ford offerings. Plus those that could afford the hemi weren't interested in dealing with solid lifters and the general fussiness of the engine.

As I mentioned we had a customer that purchased a new 70 Barracuda with a hemi and a 4spd. He was (to me at the time anyway) older and wasn't into street racing but like fast cars. He traded the car in in about 9 months for a new 440 Charger just because he was always having to bring it in to have the carbs tweaked and lifters adjusted.

The winged cars fetch huge dollars now because of they are rare. When they were new the dealers hated the car because if they were given one as part of the floor stock they were stuck with it. Many of these cars were converted back to standard Charges or Road Runners just so they could get them off the lot.

Well, this guy'z pencil should be taken away...He didn't like tha Mopars, an plainly said they wuz quicker than tha GM carz, an Ford wuz a waste ov time!!!!!!!...I bet he rode a Jackass!!!...Bet dat wuz cute, a Jackass wit a pencil, ride'in one witout a pencil!!!....

I've owned, or driven damm neer ever Mopar ever built, wit tha exception ov a superbird, and Believe me, Moparz had thier share ov problemz, BUT HOW MANY PERFORMANCE CARS DIDN'T??...U want luxzury interior, skip tha performance Mopar...U want carefree wire'in, wire it yaself!!...Tha HEMI's were fun to drive, and had tha torque that nun other had...I never seen wher a 440 wuz badder than tha hemi, unless they both had E-70 tarz, then tha 440's tarz would last 2 passes, instead ov tha Hemi's ONE!!....I have never personally bought a HEMI car new, juss couldn't afford them!!...Hell, to be honest, I never bought a NEW muscle car!!...I placed the Hemi az the Ultimate Hotrod, and settled for tha (to me) second bess...340 A-bodies!!...

Juss seemz this guy don't have any reeders, so He had to do a good story to git sum reeders...It worked........All excepth the "Good Story" part......My Opinion, He'z full'a ****!!!...REX

-
Back