HERE ARE THE DYNO NUMBERS

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
Boy was I way off on my tune up :roll:

My first pull was 471HP ATRW and 490TQ :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was really rich, but it was that way on purpose. I didn't want to be lean without getting some dyno info on the fuel curve. So we started jetting down and down and down working our way to 500 ATRW. Then I changed to my HVH 1" tappered istead of the straight 4 hole and put down a 521HP ATRW and 535 TQ but I was a tad lean all of the sudden. So I jetted back up 2 in the front and back and put down a 545.2HP ATRW and 537.33TQ. Now get this! My HP peaked at 5400 rpms and then the carb got rich on me again. It was doing 539HP at 6300 but if I get the right carb set up on it there's more left. I ran the 1000cfm Demon. I didn't have time to put the 950 BIGS on but I will next time and I will also borrow a 1050 Dominator from Jessie. Then when I get all that info I'll have Jessie build me something.

The number's equate to about 681HP at 671TQ at the flywheel.

Not bad for a 340 :twisted: :twisted:

BARRACUDA340S said:
The number's equate to about 681HP at 671TQ at the flywheel....

HOLY SH*T! That sunofabitch must pull like a freight train! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll be happy to make HALF of that at the wheels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Please post the next run's results with the Dominator & BIGS set up, although your running a number NOW! Congrats Brett! :thumrigh:

Thanks

I'll get it out this weekend and see how the extra 100 HP I found today feels. I'm gonna guarantee you there's more left. I will post the tech sheet tommorrow and look at the fuel curve. I'l get Jessie to build me a ringer carb and then wait and see what happen's. I'll bet I can get 700+ out of it. I didn't even mess with timing much, just added 2 degree's from where I had it set. There's more :thumrigh:

Your gonna scare everybody out of town when you go for a little cruise. Maybe even Zeater. :twisted: :twisted:
How did the Dana feel? No issues there I hope.

Jack

Impressed yes, scared no.

I've got to say his combo is very fuel sensitive. 100 horse from start to finish on jetting and slight timing change. I did pull 529.8 rear wheel horse and 568.01 rear torque so we are probably closer than we ever have been.

Isn't compettition great!

I wish we would have closed the exhaust to see what increase the open headers gave Brett. We really could have used another hour on his car.

My mustang was pretty well set up from the time we got there. I only gained 9 hp from start to finish.

Yeah I need to go back and tune a little more. I think there's another 20 HP somewhere. I'm not sure what the dumps did but probably helped. Scott Brown designed the exhaust and they go faster with exhaust than open? I did with the 340 but not sure on this new set up? The X pipe wasn't being used yesterday so that may effect things a little. I will find out next go around.

Steve did a NOS pull and it was massive. He carried 600 TQ through the pull :shock: :shock: :shock: That's about enough to flip the car over on it's side. Pretty impressive.

Brett if you tuned it with the dumps opened your gonna be rich with them closed. Your 2.5" exhaust and steped headers are probably holding you back.

I have committed to maximizing this combo so that's what's gonna happen. TTI makes bigger header's that fit the same as my steps. I'm gonna do a better carb too. Haven't decided what yet? I really need to play on the dyno a little more. I think I can squeeze another 30 HP. I backed up the 545 with a 542 so it wasn't a fluke. I'm going to do some research and make a few call's. This spring I'll get back to the dyno and do some more testing with the exhaust and fuel delivery. I'm only running a carter mech pump and 3/8 line with a 7 1/6 sending unit. That may not be enough to feed the beast through the quarter. I got all winter to figure it out.

I figure I've gone this far, no sense cutting corner's now. Good enough is not in my vocabulary. I want 700 HP. I need 560 at the wheel's with a 20% loss in the drive train. I'll get it!

Brett I'd look in to the TTI 1-7/8" headers and the 3" exhaust kit. They have X pipes available now too.

BARRACUDA340S said:
I figure I've gone this far, no sense cutting corner's now. Good enough is not in my vocabulary. I want 700 HP. I need 560 at the wheel's with a 20% loss in the drive train. I'll get it!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

HOLY SMOKES!!! :shock: That is one killer smallblock! Should be easy deep 10's all day. Smallblocks are killin me :scratch: :D

Those are great numbers.Is there any track testing in the near future? I like to see the results from that.

Jim

This thread is nearly a year old. Brett did take the car to the track, I don't remember the numbers he ran... but I do remember he nearly twisted the Dana 60 rear end right out of the car. Bent the spring plates, the CalTrac bars and all the wheel studs. Something about a 4000rpm clutch dump. :burnout: Do a search on his screen name and you should find it.

-
Back