here have all the TA Radials Gone?

-
ya i am going to a ocal shop to see if they can get ahold of m if not maybe getting another size my fronts are 205/70r14 but may end up going with 215/70r14 now really dumb question what would be the size difference is it in the width or height of the tire

I work for Sears Auto and I have ordered a few sets just recently.
BFG has had the radial TA on back order a while. Now they should be able to be ordered.
If any of you guys need any I would say call your local sears.

WHY ARE THERE NO 50 SERIES 15 inch TIRES ANYMORE?! The only one's that are out there are the Cooper 295s. Now, I love the way they look on my caprice, but I want a set of 245 or 255s on the cuda. I like the "retro" look of 15s, but I also like the low profile look and freaking 50 series were the best looking compromisePERIOD It pisses me off.

I ordered a set of 295-50-15 bfg radial ta a few weeks ago. They said they are just starting to maufacture them again. They were on backorder for about 2-3 years before that.

They quit making BF Goodrich T/A's you can still buy left overs at afew places.

Jim

I dunno about that.
The last few sets are not let over tires.
They are brand new. They are still being made because the DOT date codes are very recent like within a months time of being manufactured.

Started out looking for them too....ended up with the Firestone Indy 500 and LOVE them so far! About 1500 miles on them..ride great, traction, andt he look is nice!

Everything is big-rims and low profile now...harder and harder to find "old skool" tires! LOL

100_2505.jpg

I too have the Firehawk Indy 500's. Ride is nice and so is the look.

Attachments

• DSC01986sm.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 152
Local tire shop called me and said they located 2- 205 70 14 for me if I want them. The catch is the dealer that has them wants a $20 premium per tire. Well I told him that I'll pay it after crunching the numbers It is about the same as paying shipping. Now lets see if they come in.

Kris66cuda,
From what I'm told they are about 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider.

The Sams Club in our area did not stock any and was one of the first that told me of the national backorder on certain sizes...

Many of the BFGs sizes are out of stock, as there not currently producing them. They are moving the plant to mexico and are suppossed to start production this fall, so I am told by a few tire dealers. The prices will be higher though. I was lucky that the sizes I wanted, were still a few in stock, for both my cars, so I bought 8 tires .All 15 inch. Many of the 14 inch sizes are sold out right now.

ya i am going to a ocal shop to see if they can get ahold of m if not maybe getting another size my fronts are 205/70r14 but may end up going with 215/70r14 now really dumb question what would be the size difference is it in the width or height of the tire
The first 3 digits are always the width. In Millimeters. ie; 215, 225 235 etc...
The next 2 digits are the height ie; 70, 75 etc... The 70 represents a percentage of the first 3 digits. The last 2 digits is simply the rim size.

so for example a 2357014 is 235 millimeters wide.
Then multiply 235 X 70% and that is the sidewall height from rim to ground.
Tire sizes vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer for some strange reason.

Also, The first 3 digits ie; 215, 225 etc is actually representative of the widest point of the tire on the recommended rim(not accross the tread section). For instance a 215 should be on an 8" rim +/- 1". The 215mm would be the width at the widest part of the "bulge".

So a 215 70 14 is slightly taller and wider than a 205 70 14 using the same rim size. a wider rim will lower the Diameter slightly.

-
Back