Here I go again!

-

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
As some of you may know, in a previous life, I was in the magazine business...and I did pretty good with it. Back in the 80's I started High Performance Mopar magazine, and then switched publishers and kicked off Mopar Action. At the same time, I was doing a lot of Mustang stuff as well in a mag called Cars Illustrated which later morphed into Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. And then there was all the Street Racing and Drag Racing and
Road Tests, and on and on. I did a bunch!
Well, my long term recovery from severe burnout and over exposure is just about complete, and I'm ready to venture back into the world of Automotive Media. I may do some print, but my long term sights are set on Vid and eventually TV work. It's a big nut to crack and is gonna take a huge amount of time and effort to make it click, so I've got to make a few changes in my life.
This site has been a HUGE asset to me over the last few years and through it I've managed to build a nice parts business that has kept the lights on and the wheels turning. I'm at a point right now where I've got to scale it way way back though, in order to devote time and energy toward the new venture.
This means I've got to move inventory! I've got literally tons of parts listed in the Sale forums...all of it is priced to approximately the average end of the spectrum. I'll be changing that now. If you see something I've got that you can use, disregard the listed price and make me an offer on it that you consider to be fair. Unless it's ridiculous, I ain't gonna say no. This stuff's gotta go and I need to clear my plate as quickly as possible, so have at it!
BTW, this in no way means that I am getting out of the Mopar parts thing entirely. I enjoy it and the people I deal with too much to completely give it up. I just need to make it more of a hobby than the 18 hour a day monster it's become. Thanks!!!

You are a great parts supplier and my preference..
I have worked in video and TV for YEARS. If you need information or a problem solved it would be an honor to help.

Good luck to you Tony.
Hope it all goes as you hope it does.

You are a great parts supplier and my preference..
I have worked in video and TV for YEARS. If you need information or a problem solved it would be an honor to help.

Thanks Tom, I may take you up on that! I'm at the very base of the learning curve as far as this sort of thing is concerned...actually kind of counting on that to be an advantage the way it was when I jumped into the magazine thing.

Tony, you're a real stand up guy. I wish you all the luck in the world. I wish I was in a position to buy some stuff, but I am not. Besides, I don't think you have a lotta Ford stuff. lol

OOOooooollll.....NO! We need you!

But I wish you the best. I can think of several more things that I need.

Tony,

You have been a great help to me as I have tried to piece together things I have needed for my project. I cannot imagine anyone on this forum being more fair and honest with this business than you have been in my dealings with you. I wish you the best of luck! If you ever need support with what you are doing, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Carl (1969VADart)

You will be missed, a lot! Be sure to stop by when you can just to say hello.

Guys, thank you for all the great words and support! But...I'm not dropping the parts thing entirely, just scaling it back to a part time thing. I'll still be around. This whole ABodies experience has been too good to just walk away from like that.

automotive media...what the heck is going on...a lot of change going on, magazines disappearing, (High Performance Pontiac for example) heads rolling, mags being "combined." are you sure it is a good time to get back into the mag business?....I'm praying that Mopar Action is not going to disappear or be f'd with in any way. you got any new ideas to get people back to be interested in the auto-hobbies? I guess if anybody could get people on the band wagon, it would be you. Hope it works out.

automotive media...what the heck is going on...a lot of change going on, magazines disappearing, (High Performance Pontiac for example) heads rolling, mags being "combined." are you sure it is a good time to get back into the mag business?....I'm praying that Mopar Action is not going to disappear or be f'd with in any way. you got any new ideas to get people back to be interested in the auto-hobbies? I guess if anybody could get people on the band wagon, it would be you. Hope it works out.

Well, you're right...print as we knew it is on its deathbed. But I'm not looking to take giant steps backwards either. I'll take whatever opportunities come my way right now, but the ultimate goal is a strong internet presence, vids and eventually TV.

Not to hijack here, but I think I can speak for many of us in saying that I'd love a TV show about cars that wasn't 'reality' based like all the jive that gets foisted on us these days. Like the magazines, it's all sponsor driven which can be hard to avoid but my wish is that somewhere we can change the paradigm and get some real in-depth and refreshing material out there.

Besides, everything on TV tends to be overdone these days. The people that produce these shows must think everybody has a zillion dollars in discretionary income and can afford to buy the best of everything. It also seems that all shops that build cars are spotless and have every single piece of equipment known to man.

Don't know what you have in mind to do but we got faith in you Tony, do us proud! I used to like reading your articles. I miss High Performance Mopar!

-
Back