Here is a good race from today at my home track. Tough one to lose

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
96D6303A-C08F-46CE-BB81-94E9F0C62E5C.jpeg

Just have to get you and your car to leave consistent. You can compete with the transbrake guys, although not too many of us do it anymore.

A lot of the bottom bulb guys are transbrake users so they double class and run modified and top at Keystone. I get two time trials max they get four. Double every pass I make throughout the day so these guys are tough. With todays adjustable switches it levels out the playing field.

A lot of the bottom bulb guys are transbrake users so they double class and run modified and top at Keystone. I get two time trials max they get four. Double every pass I make throughout the day so these guys are tough. With todays adjustable switches it levels out the playing field.

we get one time trial at 131 nowadays, both these guys double up in both top and mod.

we get one time trial at 131 nowadays, both these guys double up in both top and mod.

Physically most of us older guys aren’t up to it but my younger friends tell me it helps them stay focused on racing doubling up. I know their maintenance program costs are crazy high.

Physically most of us older guys aren’t up to it but my younger friends tell me it helps them stay focused on racing doubling up. I know their maintenance program costs are crazy high.

most of the time now, points races are both Saturday and Sunday.
Because of church and wife enjoying being on the boat , I usually just race Saturday,unless it’s a big event or out of town, which is 2 maybe 3 times a season.
If I had my way I would race every chance I get, but the reality is, other priorities abound. Boat, grandkids, my store is open 6 days a week, Yada, Yada.
In a way it’s kinda good, I take getting beat much easier than I did a few years back, when I could be an a hole to be around after losing

I would be happy to take a .008 package for the rest of my life. I suspect I would win more than lose. (Not so sure I wouldn't take an .080 either).

Just have to get you and your car to leave consistent. You can compete with the transbrake guys, although not too many of us do it anymore.
I doubt a car leaving off a footbrake and stabbing the throttle could ever compete. 520/530 lights are pretty darn good with a footbrake car. Now, transbrake with delay boxes and delay switches are knocking down 500-515 lights all day.
"Back in the day", when I raced my Charger in the late 80's/early 90's, I was that guy that was right around 530 average light. Car would usually run within +/- .01 all day. Back then, the last season I raced that car averaged 4-1/2 rounds in eliminations. Twas a very good year $$'s!!

But then I parked mine for 28 years and while I slept, tbrakes and delay boxes and 1/8th mile came along and to me, took a lot of the fun out of the "sport." The sport of competition was not only the reaction of the driver, but also the car, it's consistency, and the "cat and mouse" game as you neared the stripe. The 1/8 mile shortened the game considerably and the footbrake cars are fodder for the tbrakes and delay box cars. To be competitive, I need to run in one of the Sportsman bracket classes where they run the 1/4 and state no tbrakes/boxes (and they enforce it!). If that means slowing it down, then so be it. I know it hardly pays but it's the thrill of competition to me more than the money. I'm sure not going to get rich racing my junk!!

-
Back