Here is an air cleaner option for six pack owners

-

duster360

Reaction score
I was scrolling through some pics on here the other day and saw this and contacted the guy that owns the car through PM. The air cleaner is the one that fits the tri power corvettes. He said that the base fits on the mopar carbs with no modifications. Thought this might be an option for some people that don't want to use the large factory air cleaner. It fits under the stock hood of the 1969 440 barracuda. Here is a link to the air cleaners for sale on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251415625070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Link to filter: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-e-1970/overview/

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Ya I was thinking about those, they look like they move more air than the tri power cleaners that you can't find filters for, that looks like it has a little bit of a drop base

wow you guys bash him for the corvete cleaner what about the guys with the ls engines in an a-body!

Ya I was thinking about those, they look like they move more air than the tri power cleaners that you can't find filters for, that looks like it has a little bit of a drop base

Mancini sell filters for the 6-pac air cleaners.

wow you guys bash him for the corvete cleaner what about the guys with the ls engines in an a-body!

when a thread pops up I'm sure to tell them that there car is no longer mopar powered and there is a better site for them now

http://www.lsxnation.net/

cross breeding is not cool, nobody stops at a car show and says gee look at that nice 350 chebby, or LS 5.3 for that matter

most cars that are chebby powered don't draw much attention anymore locally

I was scrolling through some pics on here the other day and saw this and contacted the guy that owns the car through PM. The air cleaner is the one that fits the tri power corvettes. He said that the base fits on the mopar carbs with no modifications. Thought this might be an option for some people that don't want to use the large factory air cleaner. It fits under the stock hood of the 1969 440 barracuda. Here is a link to the air cleaners for sale on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251415625070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php
good to know. thanks

I think he is referring to the "Tri-Power" ones Mr. norm used, not the stock Mopar ones.

I have the FRAM number for the Mr. Norms ones somewhere in the garage, the last time I checked it was still avalible for like $75 new.
Maybe I should have bought one since I have a Norms air cleaner hanging on the wall of one of my garages. :banghead:

I have the FRAM number for the Mr. Norms ones somewhere in the garage, the last time I checked it was still avalible for like $75 new.
Maybe I should have bought one since I have a Norms air cleaner hanging on the wall of one of my garages. :banghead:
You must be the only guy on the planet that has that number? Nobody makes a drop in filter for it, there is a K&N that works but any paper filter needs to be modified.

You must be the only guy on the planet that has that number? Nobody makes a drop in filter for it, there is a K&N that works but any paper filter needs to be modified.

Give me a day or two and I will look for the number, and will try to order one before I post the number.

I hope you are not right that the filter is obsolete.
But good to know the K&N can be made to work.

Looks good and is definitely functional.
I wonder if it could in some way be made
to fit with the wide end facing forward.

Give me a day or two and I will look for the number, and will try to order one before I post the number.

I hope you are not right that the filter is obsolete.
But good to know the K&N can be made to work.

Ok, LMK what you find and the part number PM me if you want. I don't like how the K&N looks plus the ones I have seen on demons are very short and look like it would choke a 340 6bbl at anything over 4,000 rpm!

OK, has a performance look I suppose.
For me I could never use that and feel comfortable. Kinda makes the skin crawl.
I think I'll go wash up now.
Enemy alert!

Here ya go, I feel better now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140404_022831_307-1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 203
Link to filter for the triangular air cleaner for anyone that is interested is added in the original post.

-
Back