713395-R1-05-4-1.jpg

713395-R1-06-5.jpg

713395-R1-07-6.jpg

713395-R1-09-8.jpg

713395-R1-10-9.jpg

713395-R1-11-10.jpg

713395-R1-14-13.jpg

713395-R1-00-00.jpg

I like the steering wheel! It's the same as mine ,only mine is black Quite fond of the "feel" or grip with that steering wheel.

Looks like it has it's share of wrinkles,not unexpected for a 40 year old car. I'd say the old girl looks pretty good actually.Solid daily driver.

Yeah, I took the old st wheel cover off when I bought it and the wheel felt "boney". Went and got me a new black old school cover right quick like.
It needs a few things. Shocks, wheel cylinders, front end parts and alignment. Then I'll break out the sandpaper and bondo8)

You know, when I paint it I want to keep the blue, basically same shade and I say keep the white top, but every one of my friends and even my wife say I'm dead wrong. They ALL say solid blue. I'd be curious what others think.

Is it factory like that?

No, the car has been repainted at least once, and not very well I might add. I think it did originally have a vinal top. Looks like they painted it with the vinyl still on, then later pulled the vinyl and painted the top. That's just an educated guess, though

Definately keep the white painted top, it looks nice and your interior will stay cooler in the Texas sun. 8)

The blue and white two tone looks great on Mopars!

I agree 100% and ultimately it's my decision, but everyone I know that I've asked said it looks like a grandma car with the white top. I always tell 'em it was, so :thebirdm:. Oh, they give me hell for being a Dodge man. I'm sure most of the people on the forum have experienced it. Dodge haters think you're nuts for loving 'em, but to me that's actually part of the fun that comes with being a "Dodge man".:toothy10:

Ah, don't worry about that crap. For 1, how many 71 Dart Custom's with blue and a white top will you see around? That's one reason I love owning Mopars, chances are you won't see too many around town, yet everyone remember's the Darts and Valiants, and whatnot. Mustang owners seem to like to talk like they are superior, but look how many you see on the streets and at car shows. They have their own section. Same with Camaro and Corvette owners. Be proud of being a Mopar owner.

Oh, I'm very proud. I'll more than likely go back with the same color scheme. I keep looking at the car thinking, "I love the color, It's just the finish that's bad"

-
Back