Here it is... '71 Dodge Demon "Sizzler"

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
ok for those of you that didnt read my other thread on this car.... After many years of hounding the neighbor of my brother.. the guy gave in and now the car sits in my brothers garage. We didnt know it was a "sizzler" Demon until I ran the numbers. So we saved it from another day of rotting in a feild for 20 years and it will now be inside wether we keep it or not... its on its way to a new life.... which to me... is what its all about. Enjoy the pics.

You will have to pardon the "well used" garage.... but we made space in my brothers garage for the important stuff !
P1030314.jpg

Evidence of the "Sizzler" trim package still remains on the hood.
P1030316.jpg

Notice the grill trim is the body color which was part of the package.
P1030317.jpg

front bumper is MIA
P1030318.jpg

Sides are actually pretty dang straight.
P1030319.jpg

non-correct 318 motor.... intersting there is two voltage regulators and power steering brackets... lol ..... lots of dust too ! and leaves, bugs, spiders...
P1030320.jpg

yeah baby !!! check out these nice solid floor pans !!! WOOT !
P1030321.jpg

Well..... this is the worse body damage to the car.... right rear quarter panel...tire had blown up (probably during massive smokey burnout) and bent the quarter fender back...it also bent the trunk extension up insde and torn the seam going up the inner fender well.... ouch.. you can see some ripped metal behind there.
P1030324.jpg

Well at least that nasty dent is on the quarter panel that needs worked on anyways.
P1030325.jpg

underneath looking back to the 8 3/4..... check those dry solid floor pans. the cars tire went flat and I couldnt get myself under far enough to look for gear tags...
P1030327.jpg

passenger side colored sport mirror.... drool..... The passenger door actually opened and closed nicer then my Dusters door !!
P1030328.jpg

Couldnt help but take a little rubbing compound to see if that Hemi orange wouldnt come back out.... with little effort it was shiney.
P1030331.jpg

Is this the tuff wheel ? Missing the center .... Someone had put a floor shifter in the car with bucket seats. Originally had a bench seat. Now... no seats up front .. lol
P1030322.jpg

Check out this left side rear quarter panel.... rust free sheet metal !!
P1030323.jpg

Well thats it for now. Were going to clean this thing up a bit (keep in mind it just got yanked out of a 20 year old resting spot) and more then likely sell it to someone who want a rare packaged Demon they can bring back to life. I for one am just glad its indoors and on its way to greatness.

-RPM

Wow. Great find. What are his plans for this? I have a complete 66 2dr Fury III that is very solid that I will trade. LOL. It's worth a shot anyway. Keep us informed.

Just how rare are '71 Demon sizzlers?
I've got one in similar shape, was a F7 with a F7 interior, 318 column auto bench seat car maybe a little rougher than yours, you could eat off the floor pans!
I know they are Dodge's answer to the Duster twister.
Is it really worth keeping it original?
I'm going to start working on it this spring.

Damn! That thing sure looks solid, for a car that was rotting in the field, and it had air conditioning too.

I don't know what that steering is, but not the Mopar Tuff steering.

The steering wheel looks like a '72 and up e-body wheel to me, i've seen lots of them in those cars.

The steering wheel looks like a '72 and up e-body wheel to me, i've seen lots of them in those cars.

I thought the Steering Wheel looked E-body to me also... makes sense too.. the guy had a few E's

-RPM

Hey RPM,

Iam guna be in a hunt for a demon, so depending on who it is passed on to...

Let me know through PM when the time comes. I love them, and just sold mine, once full payment is made, I will be hunting in washingtone/Idaho. So let me know.

can be a driver or a project ( none runner)

Phil

P.S. Would give us an excuse to go for that beer we talked about.

i see the fender tag is still there. try to see if the build sheet is there also. looks very solid for sitting so long. the column is an ebody column for sure. what a find you got there. glad you kept after the guy! i think i would even put the ac back on for rarity......good luck!:cheers:

i see the fender tag is still there. try to see if the build sheet is there also. looks very solid for sitting so long. the column is an ebody column for sure. what a find you got there. glad you kept after the guy! i think i would even put the ac back on for rarity......good luck!:cheers:

I searched high and low for the broadcast sheet and its not there. The vin tag is in place and it definately tells ya what the car is. I think the column is probably the correct one just the steering wheel assemmbly is not....but not even sure about the column.

wow that thing is sweet/keep a sizzler don,t see many of them

If we end up doing anything with it... It will stay a "sizzler". We will rebuild it back to original spec. as there are no "Sizzler" packaged cars around this area that I have ever seen. I guess if we sell it.. that will be up to whoever buys it as to what they do with it.

-RPM

Wow that thing is in nice condition for sitting that long in a field great save!! I would also be interested in it if you decide to sell it so let me know when that time comes.

If we end up doing anything with it... It will stay a "sizzler". We will rebuild it back to original spec. as there are no "Sizzler" packaged cars around this area that I have ever seen.-RPM

this area? where is there alot of sizzlers at in any area??? they are very seldom seen anymore. most are (were) made into 340 cars from what i have seen....

this area? where is there alot of sizzlers at in any area??? they are very seldom seen anymore. most are (were) made into 340 cars from what i have seen....

Well as I am finding out..there are not many left. Ya.. I heard most became 340's.... this one even had a 340 Demon decal stuck on its tail feathers.

Good persistence!
Did the Sizzlers come with the painted grill surround?
The steering wheel is from a 72 up ebody, along with the ribbed column extension. The a body extension would be a bit shorter and smooth.

Well good luck!

Good persistence!
Did the Sizzlers come with the painted grill surround?
The steering wheel is from a 72 up ebody, along with the ribbed column extension. The a body extension would be a bit shorter and smooth.

Well good luck!

Yes, the painted grill surround was part of the "Sizzler" package
thanx for the info on the column.

-RPM

lot of potential there

keep us posted on your progress

persistence does pay off..good for you

-
Back