Here we go again.

-
My guess is that it's the only one they own!!! You know...1 of 1!!!! LOL!!! Nice car though, not $69,000 nice, but nice!!! Geof

As they say.....

1 of 1 Known To Exist Numbers Matching 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383 Formula S Automatic Notchback Concours Correct

I wonder how hard they looked??

1 of 1 with that VIN or 1 of 1 with that exact combination of options perhaps. Its a neat car and restored very nicely but it will have a very limited appeal at $69k.

They are quoting the "By the Numbers" book, there is a pic: 0 known to exist.
So, when was this book published?
I think I've seen more than some of the known numbers listed.

But we have been down this road before; my car is 1 of 1 too: its the only one known to exist with a 4 speed, bench seat, pealing clear coat, a front bumper with holes for bumper guards, and only 1 screw holding the rear interior trim panel on- there's supposed to be 3!
Bidding starts at a gagillion dollars.

Yep,nice car alright but not $69k nice. A gagillion dollars? I wouldn't give a penny more than a kabillion.:toothy10:

however nice and clean it is and supposidly "1 of 1" there is no way in hell anybody would be crazy enough to pay that.....probably not even barret-jackson lol

Yep,nice car alright but not $69k nice. A gagillion dollars? I wouldn't give a penny more than a kabillion.:toothy10:

Wait, doesn't a kabillion come after a gagillion?

They are quoting the "By the Numbers" book, there is a pic: 0 known to exist.
So, when was this book published?
I think I've seen more than some of the known numbers listed.

But we have been down this road before; my car is 1 of 1 too: its the only one known to exist with a 4 speed, bench seat, pealing clear coat, a front bumper with holes for bumper guards, and only 1 screw holding the rear interior trim panel on- there's supposed to be 3!
Bidding starts at a gagillion dollars.

checking in on the forms after a 12 hour day makes life good:cheers:

It is a beautiful specimen. I dont think a restored car is worth that today. Too many made in China pieces are available.
All original untouched might be worth that.

Kabillion??? Isn't that the stuff Billy Mays was pumping. It works great for cleaning engine bays AND toilets!!! I wouldn't trade my case of Kabillion for any old A body!!! WAY too valuable!!! Geof

Kabillion??? Isn't that the stuff Billy Mays was pumping. It works great for cleaning engine bays AND toilets!!! I wouldn't trade my case of Kabillion for any old A body!!! WAY too valuable!!! Geof

I think that was Kaboom. Dollar Store has Kabam , just as good and costs less. LOL

It is a nice car. But the 1 of 1 thing is getting realy old. So is when they say low miles. So what. The car is around 40 years old.

Im repeating myself.
I can buy a mint (hemi) car for that $$$$$$$

Sounds like a case of glue abuse to me.... it even got red flaged on Craigs list so what does that tell ya...... thinking its some chevy guy who don't know Mopar's and is probaly still trying to find the other "S" .....

Honestly, hope it sells of the asking price, for all of us that own Abody Barracuda's, more sales like this can only help to bring up the worth of our vehicles at some point. Exactly why the price of Ebody Cuda's are through the roof, thanks to Barrett Jackson.

This thread is really funny.

So, does anyone know when and in what dimension or on what planet there where 0 known to exist?

I see in the ad where they properly claim 1 of 99. That is more of the truth. I don't know how they can say it's the only one left unless they have found the other 98 which I doubt. Maybe it is 1 of 1 counting the color, that is a pretty ulgy color, most grandmas who liked that color in 68 wouldn't order the 383! Most grandmas who still would like that color wouldn't pay $68,000 for it now. I also beleive the low miles because with that color you'd only want to drive it in the dark! Ok, I'm done making fun. It is a nice car that somebody did a lot of work to.

I see in the ad where they properly claim 1 of 99. That is more of the truth. I don't know how they can say it's the only one left unless they have found the other 98 which I doubt. Maybe it is 1 of 1 counting the color, that is a pretty ulgy color, most grandmas who liked that color in 68 wouldn't order the 383! Most grandmas who still would like that color wouldn't pay $68,000 for it now. I also beleive the low miles because with that color you'd only want to drive it in the dark! Ok, I'm done making fun. It is a nice car that somebody did a lot of work to.

Green was popular in the late 60s and early 70s along with the other earth tones.

-
Back