Heres a couple pics of my new driver !

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
This is my new daily driver, its a /6 auto, 68 Dart 270. Got it a couple months ago, runs great. Just did a complete front end rebuild, including adding a front sway bar. I'll have it back on the road this weekend and I'll start using it all the time !
dart2.jpg

another pic
dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart1.jpg

It just goes to show that even the base model and mid level trim cars were beautiful back in the day. That car is very nice looking, especially for a driver.

Now there's a machine you can just jump into and swallow up the miles in!Comfort, class, and economy in one sweet looking package! too Ma Mopar doesn't crank these out anymore,eh? :D

That's a real clean Dart! But I have a question: You mention it's a /6, but you have dual exhaust. A little creative plumbing?

SuperScamp where have you been?
It's awfully lonely being the only Scamp owner who post's on the board! :(
Oh ya nice Dart! :thumleft:

WoW, thanks for all the compliments guys !
I'll try to answer a couple of the questions,,

John,, it sort of has duals, check out the picture below.

Ron,, a 383GTS clone would be really cool, and may be done in the future, but for now I like the slant and the gas milage. I will be driving this car about 60 miles a day round trip to work and it actually gets better gas milage than my 4x4 nissan p/u.

EvilScamp,,, I been checkin in here once in a while,, just been busy with the rebuilt on the dart and such.

Chris,, I just finished reassembly of the front end, still need to get my wife out to the garage to help me bleed the brakes, then set it on the ground and set the ride height and do a basic alignment so I can drive it to the alignment shop. So I dont really know how its going to drive yet, but I imagine it will be way better than before.

Heres a couple pics

Fake duals !
DSCF0037.jpg

Front end !
done1.jpg

Just a couple other notes about the car,,,,
Its wearing 95% of its original paint,,,, its got quite a few chips and scratches that have been "touched up" and somebody repainted the trunk lid at some point. Also theres a few spots on top where the paint is starting to wear a little thin. But over all, its a rust free, dent free dart. I hope its as much fun to drive as it is to look at !

Heres a pic of the inside !
DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

done1.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

FASTBACK340 said:
That's a real clean Dart! But I have a question: You mention it's a /6, but you have dual exhaust. A little creative plumbing?

My slant 6 has dual exhaust. The headers are 6 into 2. The pipe from the collector for the front 3 cylinders runs down the drivers side and the pipe for the collector for the back 3 cyclnders crosses under the tranny and runs down the passenger side. I also have an H-pipe right at the end of the tranny. FRom the H-pipe back everything is routed just like a v8 dual system.

Purplebeast, I paid $3900 for the car. Which i thought was a fair price for the condition its in. It has 86,000 original miles, its rust free except for a little surface rust in the trunk cause the trunk seal has been leaking. The upholstery, carpet, and headliner had already been replaced.

It did come with a few surprises though,
front end shot,
noisy speedo
leaky trunk seal
leaky door and side window seals - makes lots of wind noise on the hwy.
heater doesn't put out much heat
radio doesn't work
theres what looks like a hole in the gas tank thats patched with jb-weld
air shocks on the back, completely frozen up, rode like a truck when I got it
Mostly little things, i'm getting it in shape one thing at a time. I think i'll be pretty happy with it when all the little things are fixed.

Way cool Dart!!!!!!!!! I love the interior..... That's a pretty car you have there. Good luck with it. :thumleft:

BTW: Kewl Duals..... 8)

I like it, I like it A LOT..... For what you have I think you stole it at that price.... What is that little ole lady going to drive to church now???

I have been hoping to find a nice /6 driver and have been looking but nothing yet.... I will just keep racking the miles up on the NEON.

-
Back