Heres A Funny One. Wipers

-

73'-318VALIANT

Terd Slinger
Reaction score
So Today I Started Laying Down A Little Primer On The Valiant, And I Lifted The Wipers To Slide Paper Under To Mask Thw Windsheild. Well I Finished The Primer And Took Her For A Drive And Just My Luck It Started To Rain! Completely Out Of Nowhere. When I Turned On The Wipers The Passenger Side Didnt Work. So I Pulled Over And Checked It. Th Wiper Arm Now Moves Freely In Any Direction. Does This Mean It Came Of A Gear Or Something. I Have Never Had To Work On Wipers Before. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thx

Probaly the little plastic clip that holds the rod on. You can get replacemnet clips in the "help" section at the auto parts.

The clips I bought came two to a box. I only needed one (are there more somewhere under there? I only saw the one and it controlled both wiper arms) anyway I figured out why there were 2 in a box, you'll likely destroy the first one trying to figure out how to get it together, a little white grease or lithium will go a long way towards slipping it back together and making it last.

krabysniper said:
The clips I bought came two to a box. I only needed one (are there more somewhere under there? I only saw the one and it controlled both wiper arms) anyway I figured out why there were 2 in a box, you'll likely destroy the first one trying to figure out how to get it together, a little white grease or lithium will go a long way towards slipping it back together and making it last.

Yep, I'm sure you will either tear one up or drop it and it will land in an unknown location, only to be discovered years later..lol. The white or lithium grease is a GREAT idea too...It will help curb several extra minutes of frustration...

-
Back