HERE'S A NEW ONE!!!!!!

-
add BMWs to that list of cars with staggered wheels. I'd report them to the State. I'm betting they were trying to scam you.

also thought the AAR Cuda and T/A challenger also had different size tires front and back?

There are two different measurements being discussed in the thread and it's not clear which measurment the Exxon shop in question was disputing. Yes, the AAR and T/A Challenger has different width tires front and rear. However, both front and back wheels on the AAR and T/A are 15". The Exxon shop indicated they couldn't pass a car with different width tires front and rear but Treblig points out that modern cars have different diameter wheels front and rear in addition to those same cars having different width tires front and rear.

There are two different measurements being discussed in the thread and it's not clear which measurment the Exxon shop in question was disputing. Yes, the AAR and T/A Challenger has different width tires front and rear. However, both front and back wheels on the AAR and T/A are 15". The Exxon shop indicated they couldn't pass a car with different width tires front and rear but Treblig points out that modern cars have different diameter wheels front and rear in addition to those same cars having different width tires front and rear.

It's worse than that!! The Viper comes with bigger (19 inch, 355 tires) rims in the rear and 18s (295 tires) in front. The Corvette comes with 18 and 20 inch rims and the tires are also not the same height (profile). My car has 15 inch rims all the way around. But to be clear, the Exxon manager said that all the tires and rims had to be the same size. He said the tires had to be the same height and width.

Treblig

-
Back