Here's another what will she run, for you.

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I am getting pretty close to getting the 74 Duster back together and I wanted to see who could guess the closest to my ET.
It is not a perfect build by any means, I used what I had and could trade for. Being as I am broke, I am not changing a single item. Lol.

This is what I have:

-3480lbs with me and 1/2 tank of 93 octane.
-318 .030 over
-Windage tray
-9:1 CR with replacement pistons
-302 casting heads with gasket match on exhaust side.
-Edelbrock perfomer intake
-Carter 625 AVS
-Purple shaft .509 lift .292 duration CL108 with matching valve springs.
-Coan convertor 3500 stall
-Hydraulic lifters
-8 1/4 suregrip with 4.10's
-SS springs
-28" tall MT Drag Radials
-Hedman 1 5/8 headers
-2 1/2" dual exhaust with "X" pipe, DUMPS, and Magna flow "wide open" muffs.
-904 tranny with a Reverse manual VB, bolt in sprag and really good clutches.

Did I forget anything?

This was a roller block that I got with the crank and pistons already in it. I didn't have any roller lifters for it so I started looking around the garage to see what I did have. This build is what I ended up with.
I thought it might be fun to slap together and see what she will do.
So, what will she run?8)

A dart won the door slammer class with the same tran's and rear end you are running in Memphis Tenn a couple years ago
I am not a tec and this is just a guess mid to upper 12 seconds

I,m gonna say low 14,s be careful with the 8 1/4.I know they can take ??hp,but it only takes 1 holeshot!Good Luck!

Il guess mph, 101 on the quarter...
How she run though?
Any hp numbers?
Im sure someone could give you a pretty spot on time
if you know how much hp she makes....

I think the cam is way too big for your combo. The MP 268/272 or 280/471 would be a better choice.

You've got more cam,gear,stall, and probably better heads than my 318 & it runs 13.20s @ 103,(off the bottle) I'm agreeing with darndart, that cam is too big. but then again, if you just had it lying around,who cares!

Do we get any money for closest guess like on Passtime? LOL
Lol. If I had any money I would put in a smaller cam like Darndart said. :-D
You do get to be right though. :-D

I would love to see this thing hit the 12's!!!!8)

I think most of you are in the ballpark. I think high 13's that improve to somewhere around 13.5-13.2 with tuning. I'll bet BWDart is pretty close.

Wow Hypermite! You must really be getting the most out of your combo. I hope mine can run as well as yours.

I have the next 3 days off. I am going to try put the radiator in and the tranny lines tomorrow morning when I get off. Hopefully I can get it to the track in the next 2 weeks to see how she does.

Thanks for guessing! Keep them coming.8)

13.6-13.7

Put a better intake, carb and some more converter in it and I bet it could run high 12's.

Hypermites build from another thread:
Combo is, .060 over 318, home ported 360 "J" heads, stock valves, Eddy RPM intake w/Holley 650 dp. Comp 1.5 roller rockers, MP. 280-.474 cam. Hedman headers w/2-1/2 pipes & flowmasters. 9 to 1 cast mopar pistons, stock rods & crank, windage tray, 904 tf, w/Trans-go stage II valve body, 3.91 sg 8.75.

Hypermite has, IMO, a better intake and carb on his car. That's probably good for 25+ HP over the 625avs and performer intake. Better cam too, that won't be as soft on the bottom. The 474 outperforms the 508 in almost ever part of the RPM range except the last 500-800 or so. 474 is a much better cam for a hot 318.

A dart won the door slammer class with the same tran's and rear end you are running in Memphis Tenn a couple years ago
I am not a tec and this is just a guess mid to upper 12 seconds
My guess was with me driving and peddling out of the hole and keep tire spin down with a 0.247 light :-D:-D:-D

ran a similar combo in a 72 duster. the teen ran 9.20 out of the box and tuned to a respectable 8.90. at 8.90 i was competitive with all the stock late model z28s with 350s in them. made for some fun racing.this was at the 1/8 in sealy.

13.6-13.7

Put a better intake, carb and some more converter in it and I bet it could run high 12's.

Hypermites build from another thread:
Combo is, .060 over 318, home ported 360 "J" heads, stock valves, Eddy RPM intake w/Holley 650 dp. Comp 1.5 roller rockers, MP. 280-.474 cam. Hedman headers w/2-1/2 pipes & flowmasters. 9 to 1 cast mopar pistons, stock rods & crank, windage tray, 904 tf, w/Trans-go stage II valve body, 3.91 sg 8.75.

Hypermite has, IMO, a better intake and carb on his car. That's probably good for 25+ HP over the 625avs and performer intake. Better cam too, that won't be as soft on the bottom. The 474 outperforms the 508 in almost ever part of the RPM range except the last 500-800 or so. 474 is a much better cam for a hot 318.

You know I am taking notes for when this thing need freshening up, right? :-D

ran a similar combo in a 72 duster. the teen ran 9.20 out of the box and tuned to a respectable 8.90. at 8.90 i was competitive with all the stock late model z28s with 350s in them. made for some fun racing.this was at the 1/8 in sealy.

That is about a 13.9 the calculators say. Very respectable! I remember when we hit low 14's in the dart. Tammy was so excited we were actually beating the 5.slows and the crapmaros.

This is my 21 year old son's first Mopar and this is going to be the perfect project engine for him. When we tear it apart in a year or two I am sure we will implement a lot of these ideas.

For now this will do him just fine. He has an Army buddy with a Mustang that just ran a 14.4. He just wants to stay a little ahead of him and put a hundred passes on it or so to get some seat time. When we tear it apart we will be changing some parts and he will be able to tell first hand the difference between just throwing some spare parts together and a well thought out combo. I think this will be a great learning experience for him.
He showed up last night as a surprise and we worked on it till around 6 this morning. That was a pleasant surprise.
I am just taking a break and I will probably go work on it some more before I go to bed.:-D

-
Back