heres my 64 convertible gt

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
with some help from fellow posters i can finally show you my 64 convertible. she has very little rust, a little dent and dings and is a cali car (or at least her bumper. i bought it from a guy from wisconsin (he hauled it down). the guy i bought it from bought it from a guy from michagan. the guy from michagin bought it from a guy in california, or so the story gos. the floor and trunk is solid, so is her under carage. there might be some mud in the quaters, but not much (havent checked yet).
my plans? well kinda a pro-touring thing i guess. i really loved the copperhead concept car dodge had a few years back. bought a labaron convertible, and fell in love with convertibles. the labarons gone (dont ask), but i still wanted a car to fill those copperhead roadster dreams. so i got to hunting, saw a early dart convertible, fell in love with her lines, and then started looking for one. found one, good price but a confusing deal (dont ask). now she sits in my new deep two car garage waiting to be brought back to life. she still has the \6 in her, with the 2 brl super six manifolds.
my dream is a new hemi (5.7 or 6.1) under here hood (when the hoods back on the car of course), and updated suspension. alterkation for the front, and ill probably stick with leafs for the back. color???? orange blast pearl coat (to simulate copperhead) or silver like my neon or white or ?????? as you can see i havent decided on a color. silver most likely thought. the only trim i know i want to use so far is the GT hood emblem and possible the top quater (fins) trim. i really want the tko 500 5 speed, but havent decided yet. think wilwoods for brakes, but havent researched them well enough
well glad to be aboard. hope to learn stuff and not offend.
of yes, almost forgot. my 64 is a gt (according to the vin), but im not keeping her original so it doesnt really matter.

my64dart.jpg

Now that's what I call strippin' her down! That's what I need to do with our 2 '66 'Cudas. Just waitin' for this wet, windy weather to stop. :wack: Can't wait to see your Dart GT done; keep postin' pics, ok? Some day I'm gonna dig out "in-progress" pics from my red 'Cuda; have a bunch from when I got 'er in '99, slowly restoring 'til now, & don't have 'er painted & my V-8 in yet, just the interior & stereo, which was my priority, since I'm a drummer, but my neighbor & I are workin' on it. Have fun in here. :wav:

thanks. my car will take some time as well. i have three years left to pay on the neon and hopefully with it payed off i can really start throwing some money at the 64. right now i can only do a little at a time. im starting with the rear end and once thats done front suspension. from there i havent decided. either body work or transmission. she is stripped down. this spring im gonna yank the 225 out and try to sell it cheap to anyone willing to come and get it. the 225s clean with two barrel manifolds (no linkage) and the push button tranny. i really cant say for sure if it runs, i was told it did, but when i recieved the car the engine had been dropped back in just for the haul. the origanl color was light green. the previous owner tried the orange and didnt like it.

Just take your time with it. I've been workin' on my '66 for nearly 7 years & it's still only about 50%, & Diane's '66 is only about 20% done. All depends on weather, time, & most of all project $. Have fun. :wav:

-
Back