Here's what happens when your Tesla Roadster (or any EV) reaches the end of battery life

-
**** Ai and **** EV !!
I cannot agree more strongly. The 8-15 year battery life. Will EVs even still be here in 15 years? I wonder. I think they are going to be like the CFL corkscrew light bulbs and fade into the sunset when something better comes along. EV technology is poor at best, plus the fact that the entire power grid has to be rebuilt to handle the number of EVs those who are proponents of them want on the road. We simply cannot handle it. It's YEARS off, if at all. I think they are going to be more like a passing fad.

Last edited:
Often "neglected" by proponents of EV is where the power comes from to charge the battery.

I believe one member of congress is quoted as saying "just plug it in the wall"

Often "neglected" by proponents of EV is where the power comes from to charge the battery.

I believe one member of congress is quoted as saying "just plug it in the wall"
Yup.

Not if that is all there is to buy, and that is the direction the government is heading in.
Right. Just like forced mass-transit on trains, once implemented in Germany, millions of Jews ended up getting to ride for free in the 30's & 40's...:rolleyes:

I cannot agree more strongly. The 8-15 year battery life. Will EVs even still be here in 15 years? I wonder. I think they are going to be like the CFL corkscrew light bulbs and fade into the sunset when something better comes along. EV technology is poor at best, plus the fact that the entire power grid has to be rebuilt to handle the number of EVs those who are proponents of them want on the road. We simply cannot handle it. It's YEARS off, if at all. I think they are going to be more like a passing fad.
I agree. The Ev will probably eventually be replaced by something. Maybe the horse and buggy.

I agree. The Ev will probably eventually be replaced by something. Maybe the horse and buggy.
Sure, first a restriction on travel, followed by a ban on "excessive travel".....

Sure, first a restriction on travel, followed by a ban on "excessive travel".....
A ban on "excessive travel" wouldn't be necessary if we all had to use a horse and buggy. Fortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon. Any convervion to horse and buggy no matter how bad the government tries to force it on us would be years away. We don't have the infrastructure to support it. Livery stables and blacksmith shops need to be built and poop scoopers need to be hired. Think of all the water that would be needed for the horses to drink. We need that water for our swimming pools. That means we would have to import water from third world countries. Using child labor working under horrible conditions to pump it from from wells. Just so our elitist horses can drink imported water. I could go on and on.

I'm not pushing for EV's just trying to counter some of the statements being made by the EV haters. It's good to read that some people are giving it some thought. They are not the answer for everybody. I'll let the next generations figure out what to do about cooling the Earth. I'm hearing about people down south paying an extra $300 per month for their air conditioning. Ouch!
I'm not an EV hater, I'm a denial of reality hater, & proudly so. I'm not slamming You here, but food for thought;
(1) Why do You never hear about the reduced emissions from warm weather? No ICE cold-starts means cleaner burning & less fuel consumption as an immediate benny.
(2) A dramatic reduction in natural gas & electricity consumption from reduced home heating demand, not one peep.
(3) Why, since Human activity can affect the climate so dramatically, are there no solar-powered CO2 scrubbers simply covering desolate areas of the planet quietly saving Us all from certain destruction?
(4) I'm guessing I must have missed the Earth's warranty paragraph where it states, "once Homosapiens arrive, the Earth will cease to experience dramatic/catastrophic, or even subtle, changes in temperature/climate. If these are experienced, please contact Manufacturer."

A ban on "excessive travel" wouldn't be necessary if we all had to use a horse and buggy. Fortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon. Any convervion to horse and buggy no matter how bad the government tries to force it on us would be years away. We don't have the infrastructure to support it. Livery stables and blacksmith shops need to be built and poop scoopers need to be hired. Think of all the water that would be needed for the horses to drink. We need that water for our swimming pools. That means we would have to import water from third world countries. Using child labor working under horrible conditions to pump it from from wells. Just so our elitist horses can drink imported water. I could go on and on.
You mean like lithium mining now?

Change in everything in life is inevitable.
If it wasn't we would all still be living in caves.
Just control what you can in life adjust and roll.

You mean like lithium mining now?
Yes. Lithium mining is a horrible practice. That's why I have pledged to do something about it. I refuse to use Lithium batteries anywhere in my day to day activities. I use only non toxic lead acid and alkaline batteries.

I'm not an EV hater, I'm a denial of reality hater, & proudly so. I'm not slamming You here, but food for thought;
(1) Why do You never hear about the reduced emissions from warm weather? No ICE cold-starts means cleaner burning & less fuel consumption as an immediate benny.
(2) A dramatic reduction in natural gas & electricity consumption from reduced home heating demand, not one peep.
(3) Why, since Human activity can affect the climate so dramatically, are there no solar-powered CO2 scrubbers simply covering desolate areas of the planet quietly saving Us all from certain destruction?
(4) I'm guessing I must have missed the Earth's warranty paragraph where it states, "once Homosapiens arrive, the Earth will cease to experience dramatic/catastrophic, or even subtle, changes in temperature/climate. If these are experienced, please contact Manufacturer."
Don't forget a rising sea level takes what once was cheap inland property and converts it to expensive ocean side property. It's a win win for everybody.

Don't forget a rising sea level takes what once was cheap inland property and converts it to expensive ocean side property. It's a win win for everybody.
But NYC is sinking, so there is that, rising seas not required..

Is it because of all the heavy buildings on it?
Supposedly a combination of being partly built on landfills, below-grade disturbances from buildings/infrastucture, and normal subsidence from it's topographical situation.
I don't have a link to the monitoring/study, I may give it a search later. IIRC it dropped ~1.75" during the study period.

But NYC is sinking, so there is that, rising seas not required..
It and Kalifornika could fall into the ocean right now and we'd all be better off.

Followed by a ban on "Unnecessary Travel". And who gets to decide that??? Would a cruise in my 69 Cuda be unnecessary?
That would be me. I will be in charge of deciding what is necessary and what is not. But first i need you to answer a couple of question.
1. What color is your cuda?
2. Can I ride along?

(3) Why, since Human activity can affect the climate so dramatically, are there no solar-powered CO2 scrubbers simply covering desolate areas of the planet quietly saving Us all

I agree that cars are polluting less due to cat convertors and computer systems. How ever there are more of them out there. Sun light aggravates the problem and creates smog.
In my neck of the woods, they are building expensive 3000 sq. foot homes. They require more heating and electricity. More people are leaving their outside lights on all night long. And there are many more houses on my street than there used to be.
European countries are playing with co2 scrubbers, but the amount of energy they consume is a factor.
For 100's of thousands of years humans have burned wood to cook their food and to keep themselves warm. New trees would grow and absorb the co2 and give off oxygen. Things were stable. Then we started to burn coal, which was lying dormant in the ground. This heated up the atmosphere. Same for oil. The earth has been warming ever since.
Plus billions more people.

I believe this whole "green energy" EV thing is a scam. Drove through Tehachapi and Mojave, CA a couple of weeks ago and saw a couple hundred windmills. About a half a dozen of them were actually spinning. This whole "carbon footprint thing puzzles me. I'm old now but I was taught that humans and animal breathed oxygen and exhaled carbon dioxide. Plants, on the other hand breath carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen. If too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is the problem shouldn't we all be living in jungles instead of prairies and deserts? I will never own an EV!

Interesting article on climate change and how there are plenty that don't agree with the established narrative and can't make their voice heard.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

I'm glad they mentioned the underwater volcano. I remember hearing that the volcano will "cause" and increase in the water temperature in the future. Then when it happened, the same "scientists" said, look, global warming.

Last edited:
-
Back