Hey, Im new here

-

CudaKid66

Reaction score
Im an 18 year old straight out of high school from CT. I recently purchased my first car which happens to be a 66 Barracuda. Shes not all that much at the moment but i have almost all of the parts to restore her to her former glory. Im going to keep it as original as possible (except the super six and front disc breaks im puttting in but hey whats a little extra power and saftey?) i look forward to becoming part of this community and learning more about the culture that surrounds these cars.

View attachment 151209_110234_7.jpg

View attachment 151209_110234_6.jpg

View attachment 151209_110233_4.jpg

Welcome to FABO.

You may also want to consider going to a dual reservoir master cylinder for the brakes for safety...

Nice car, it has potential.

Welcome to fabo, glad to have you with us!! Also nice to see another 66 on the road to recovery!! Enjoy our humble site!! Geof

Welcome aboard :glasses7: Enjoy these great tech's and folks we have here :cheers:

Welcome to the fun! Looks like a great Mopar project :finga:...

Dave,

Welcome! Quick heads up expect to spend way more than you thought you would. What brake setup are you going to use? If you go with the 73+ big bolt pattern, swap in an 8.25 rear and you can very easily bolt on rear disc brakes! 4 wheel disc brakes over drums anyday!

Welcome! Quick heads up expect to spend way more than you thought you would. What brake setup are you going to use? If you go with the 73+ big bolt pattern, swap in an 8.25 rear and you can very easily bolt on rear disc brakes! 4 wheel disc brakes over drums anyday!

I'm not positive what setup it is but the guy I bought the car from said he got the setup off a 79 volare

Great choice in a new ride! I have a daughter the same age, great to see a young guy having an interest in these cars. Good luck with it.

welcome to the site cudakid66. let me know if i can help you find any parts as i have several references. talk to ya later.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 130.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 117
I'm not positive what setup it is but the guy I bought the car from said he got the setup off a 79 volare

That would make it the big bolt pattern. So I would start looking for that 8.25. A body rear.

Actually I have that just needs to be cut down thank you for the advice

Before you engage into cut the rear, price it. It might be cheaper to use an a body 8.25 rear than cut one down. The 8.25 isn't expensive (compared to 8.75 or Dana 60).

-
Back