Hey is that your dump car?

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody else use their car for a car? My Dart is by no means a show car. I usually enter in charity shows, plus have a place to park while I look around. I have taken it to several shows and have won several times. I drive my car everywhere and even get caught in the rain sometimes. Today I hauled the trash and recyclables to the convenient center this morning. Guy pull up and says Hey is that your dump car? I say yes. He says I can't believe you're driving a classic car to the dump. I say well you know that's what they are for driving, using, enjoying and what good are they setting in the garage. Shakes his head a little (I don't think he consciously knew it) while asking if I did the car my self. Well off to the storage facility to haul some stuff. Yes in the Dart. :burnout:

I used my Road Runner for everything. Went grocery shopping and to the laundromat. If it's not a show or drag car then drive it.

I drove my '71 All summer long as a daily driver despite the cost of gas :D

Sadly it's now put away for the winter because driving 430hp around is dangerous and the car doesn't like sucking water/snow into the intake sticking through the hood :p

I haul stuff around in my Dart (4 door) occasionally. When I need extra room in it I take the back seat out and leave it home, when I need all the space I can get I take the front seat out and run a single bucket. I've had a 15' long piece of 2x3 steel tube in the Dart.

Use 'm...

20111126-57Hemi-IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_3641_zps2d1c7d03.jpg

20130121-73Dart-Winter-IMG_2559_zps35c9e5f7.jpg

I think the best part about having a classic actually driving it. To that end, I don't own any "new" cars. My '74 Duster is the newest car I own. My Challenger is still my daily, and has been since 2008. I've put almost 50k miles on it in that time, and I drive it year round. The Duster has a few thousand miles on it now, and I'll say somewhat cautiously that its getting close to being my daily, still sorting out a few things.

But yeah, I use the Challenger for everything...

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Last trip to the dump I saw one of those Porsche SUV's there, the had a few bags of trash in the back of it...

Ha good for you. My car goes everywhere its been to the dump 100's of times.

Jeff

I run plenty of errands in the Duster. I didn't buy it to be a garage queen - bought it to drive it. Always get lots of (positive) comments at the beer store or LCBO.

Steve

-
Back