Hey RRR, here's that cam at idle

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I posted the way it sounds running in park before and this is it at idle in gear.
800 RPM's and this is how it sounds at red lights.

Love that rolling lope. What cam? I'll bet it's Rusty's favorite.

It's actually the custom grind I got for my 302 going in the RobKat. If it sounds like that with a 3.58 stroke, I bet it will sound shag nasty in a 302 with a 3" stroke. lol

I hear glasspacks... So beautiful...
Flowmaster 40's X'ed 2.5 inch duals.

It's a custom grind that Rob suggested when I told him what I wanted out of it.
I wanted mid throttle torque and a good obvious idle. (got both)
a little over 400 foot lbs at 3,500 RPM and pulls up through 5,500.
214/224 @.50 with a 110 lobe separation and just over .500 lift with Hughes custom magnum springs retainers and locks on EQ Magnum heads.

It's actually the custom grind I got for my 302 going in the RobKat. If it sounds like that with a 3.58 stroke, I bet it will sound shag nasty in a 302 with a 3" stroke. lol
At lights it makes old ladies blush and little kids cry. :D
And not ONE word out of the local ricer crowd.

Sounds great. I've got an engine........and a cam......somewhere.......

sounds great...and you look a whole lot younger then I thought you would too

sounds great...and you look a whole lot younger then I thought you would too

That's my 26 year old Son. :D

This is me.

clintpissed.jpg

I am ecstatic you are happy with it. I was afraid it would be a little lumpy for you. I knew it would have plenty of power, but the lumpiness is what I was afraid of. Glad it worked out.

I am ecstatic you are happy with it. I was afraid it would be a little lumpy for you. I knew it would have plenty of power, but the lumpiness is what I was afraid of. Glad it worked out.

Interesting thing Rob is that I can smooth it out a little by richening the idle mixture a little. (1/2 turn on each)
Once you start into the throttle it smooth's right out at about 1,200 RPM's
It's pretty much only nasty lumpy sounding right at idle in gear. 7-800

I love it man.

Interesting thing Rob is that I can smooth it out a little by richening the idle mixture a little. (1/2 turn on each)
Once you start into the throttle it smooth's right out at about 1,200 RPM's
It's pretty much only nasty lumpy sounding right at idle in gear. 7-800

I love it man.

I am glad you are happy with it. It is nice to see one of my recommendations work out. I want tire smoke next.

I am glad you are happy with it. It is nice to see one of my recommendations work out. I want tire smoke next.

Tire, or tires? :D as there has been plenty of "tire" smoke
Still debating on the Lincoln locker, but leaning towards it since I don't have to put up with it for a long time.

Tire, or tires? :D as there has been plenty of "tire" smoke
Still debating on the Lincoln locker, but leaning towards it since I don't have to put up with it for a long time.

Yeow. You know, that's just somethin even my redneck arse wouldn't ever do. ........and RobKat is a one legger. Some things are better left to "other folks". It's just a bad idea.

Potato potato potato potato. Sounds really good! I agree with RRR. Need some tire smoke now.

-
Back