Hey Tracy @fishy68

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
@fishy68

One of our members (ktcnn94) Karl is doing his trans and has a couple of issue's I can't remember enough about to be sure.

He has a 904 with a questionable valve body that might have already been modified.
I suggested he just put in back in and see how it acts before doing anything to it, but it has some pretty major scratching on some of the valve lands.
It looks like it ate a bunch of metal at some point in it's life, and he asked about swapping the scratched valves for ones out of the 727 valve body and that's where it made me a bit nervous.

He has that 727 valve body that he could use, but besides the park rod I can't for sure tell him he could use that one instead and kit it instead of the 904 body.
At least one of the valve bodies has the part throttle KD assembly, but not sure about the other one yet.

Could you please give us your 2 on this?
Thank you.

BTW, if you need them he is pic capable.

Last edited:
The only other issue of using it is one of the VB mounting holes for the 904 is slightly offset from the one used in a 727. The main sections of the VB has an elongated hole but the spacer plate usually doesn't as it's drilled for either the 727 or 904. You can open up a 727 plate to use in a 904 or vise-versa easy enough with a die grinder or in his case he might be able to use the spacer from the 904 if the valve bodies are from the same generation

-
Back