Hey ya'all - How's it going.

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
Haven't been around much...Been busy this year.

Extended Family issues arose on my wife Kim's side of the family, which required Kim's and my attention almost full time..What a PITA that was. But now it's done.

On another note, our Son Josh moved out for 5 months, a move that did not work out due to a massive flea infestation at the house he was sharing with some work buddies . Josh is allergic to flea bites, and the owner of the house would do nothing about the issue, so then Josh had no choice but to move back home..which is cool with us. For a while...

On a sad note, We lost our Shar-Pei Dog Boo-Boo to cancer a month ago.. Kim was devastated as he was her "favorite"..

camaradownloadApril2007010.jpg

Also, Yogi, our one surviving dog, went into a deep depression over the loss of his buddy. He was not eating much at all and took to sleeping all night and most of the day as well...So in due time, we decided that sometime soon, we'd have to adopt another dog.

Well, about a week and a half ago, Kim found a 3-month old Shar-Pei Puppy for sale in a city about 20 miles away from us.. We went to meet the Pup and saw that he had a sister and thet they were inseparable...So we got them both

Meet Peaches and Casper:

048.jpg

042.jpg

037.jpg

BTW, these pics were not posed - That's just the way that they hang out all day, and is also the reason as to why we didn't have the heart to pick only one and split them up when originally we went to buy just the One puppy.

Yeah, I know...we are SUCKERS.

On another subject - Work is OK, we've been busy, and in some respects I got some quality time to indulge in my other "hobby", my guns.

Just this week I managed to get my hands on a fairly rare Bakelite 40-round Russian made Magazine for my AK.

006.jpg

Those of you who are similarly into guns, and specifically AKs, know that these large capacity Bakelite mags in 7.62 X 39 are usually unobtanium.

I got lucky; was in the right place at the right time, and got one... :D

Well, that's it for now..

See you around

Take care, Guys and Girls..

-

Mike! great to hear from ya. Been missin' you around the shark tank.

Cool weapon, great dogs, Sorry to read about Boo Boo. Congrats on Peaches and Casper.

Let's hear more from ya!

Hey, Guys...Good to see you.

Mulli - Yogi is doing good. The first days were kinda touchy..He'd growl at the Pups as they approached him and were wanting to play with him or eat from his plate of food..

Yogi:

camaradownloadApril2007011.jpg

MomAuntTinaandUncleJohnny058.jpg

Then about 5 nights ago, Yogi, who loves to patrol our backyard, he went off in a rage towards the Back Fence and the little guys, who at that time were sleeping on the floor next to me in the living roor, well they took off after him, growling and barking themselves. Then the female stopped about halfway out in the middle of the backyard and sat down to watch, while the little guy backed up Yogi, patrolling the entire length of the fence, growling and pacing exactly as Yogi did. IOW, they were larning from Yogi and he was teaching them the ropes..Which is good, because we often have Coyotes prowling the river bed which runs behind our property.

This river bed empties into a Saltwater Marshland about 3 miles away and is a favorite route for predators to get to the happy hunting grounds offered by the Marsh..and on their way there, the coyotes often attack cats and small breed dogs and puppies.

So we are on our toes, especially at night, when these two pups want to go outside to "take Care of Business"...

But after that First episode at the fence, all three dogs have been eating and sleeping together and sometimes playing in unison. Also since then, when the pups go out at nite, Yogi follows and keeps an eye on the fenceline till they little ones are back in the house..It's sweet to watch..

And then a couple of days ago, I caught one time where the little girl was sleeping with her body draped halfway across Yogi's back, while her brother was touching Yogi's back legs and all three were snorring as if there was no tomorrow..

So things are OK on the Dog-Front, and the rest of life here as well..

I'm enjoying fully this time of peace and tranquility for as long as it lasts, till the next shystorm hits..

And they always do...

But right now, as I write this, my wife Kim tells me that all three dogs are laying down, sleeping together on our bed..

Fookin' dogs - They live better than I do.

:D
-

Hay from Arkansas Mike :cheers: I am so happy to see Yogi has a new job in training :happy2:
We all need to have something we feel must be dun :blob: and keep :D
A Bakelite magazine/Clip is an outstanding find!! Congratulations :cheers:
Same here a Tony, Hot and dry awaiting some relief :banghead:
Don't stay away so long :D

Oh ok that's good.

Around here I believe they're going to open up a coyote hunting season. If they haven't already but they're putting a hurting on the deer population more than what the game management thought. They brought in the coyotes to thin the deer. Right now the coyotes follow the doe around which are about ready to have birth. The first born usually doesn't make it but second one does. Game management didn't expect that to happen.

Oh ok that's good.

Around here I believe they're going to open up a coyote hunting season. If they haven't already but they're putting a hurting on the deer population more than what the game management thought. They brought in the coyotes to thin the deer. Right now the coyotes follow the doe around which are about ready to have birth. The first born usually doesn't make it but second one does. Game management didn't expect that to happen.
I am open year around except during some other hunt's like Duck and slug shot gun days for the children.. Coyotes bread fast.. and they need to be thinned out here in my part of the country

Muad'Dib - I'm working on getting a pic of the 3 Dog Nite...Thing is as soon as I go get set up, Yogi wakes up and the other two follow instantly..

I feel like Elmer Fudd trying to 'neek up on that silly Wabbit..

BTW, Coyotes are very smart critters..!

A buddy of mine who's an experienced coyote hunter told me recently that he had to put on a Killflash / ARD on his scope because the Coyotes learned to look out for the scope's reflection of the sunlight, and they'd haul *** outta Dodge real quick if they caught a hint of a glint...

Ever since he fitted that Killflash, my friend has not had any more issues with coyotes spooked by his scope's reflection.

Killflash / ARD ( Anti Reflection Device ):

thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

-

................Hi Mike, good to hear from u again, sorry about Boo Boo.........glad u got Peaches and Casper..............good score on the bakelight..........kim..........

Muad'Dib - I'm working on getting a pic of the 3 Dog Nite...Thing is as soon as I go get set up, Yogi wakes up and the other two follow instantly..

I feel like Elmer Fudd trying to 'neek up on that silly Wabbit..

BTW, Coyotes are very smart critters..!

A buddy of mine who's an experienced coyote hunter told me recently that he had to put on a Killflash / ARD on his scope because the Coyotes learned to look out for the scope's reflection of the sunlight, and they'd haul *** outta Dodge real quick if they caught a hint of a glint...

Ever since he fitted that Killflash, my friend has not had any more issues with coyotes spooked by his scope's reflection.

I'll have to keep ARD is mind.

-
Back