HF Purple Gun Tips - no more.

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
So after reading some pretty great reviews on this gun, I wanted to use it to lay down some primer but read you need a bigger tip than the 1.4 it comes with. No problem, just call the hotline and order it.

Well the rep claimed they don't offer any tips for that gun or the slightly more expensive one with the air regulator. Any thoughts on if 1.4 is too small for epoxy? I might just have to suck it up and by this set which has a 1.8 on the big gun.

I have a generic gun of the same quality but bought before HF.

A few months ago, I found an older aluminum cup gun in my dumpster.

Just for fun, I swapped the tips, and they are interchangeable.

Take your tip with you and see what it fits on, then get a tip for that gun.

I have a generic gun of the same quality but bought before HF.

A few months ago, I found an older aluminum cup gun in my dumpster.

Just for fun, I swapped the tips, and they are interchangeable.

Take your tip with you and see what it fits on, then get a tip for that gun.

Are you saying at a local paint store or where do you suggest? I am not opposed to getting this set. It has the right tip and would only be $40 with coupon. Not sure how much the tip would be on top of the $15 gun.

I used the purple gun to shoot some PPG primer in my engine bay with no problem. Don't recall the size tip. It was just the cheap $15 gun.

I guess if we're talking about a $15 gun, than another $15 gun is probably cheaper than a tip.

Have you looked at these? I was leaning towards them a while back. Just never purchased anything.
16 Piece HVLP Paint Gun Kit

I haven't seen those, but seems like a good buy. My dad bought me and Eastwood Concours gun for Christmas and am planning on using it as my primary base/clear gun. I am a beginner painter, so I can't speak to the quality of that kit.

Last edited:
Just go find out: Go to H.B.,start popping boxes open,& visually check... Seen all kinds of tips,1.8 to 1.4...My 3 year old one,has a 1.5.. Recommend a 1.8 minimum for high fill/solids type primers...

-
Back