HHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP LBJ question

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
The lower balljoints are shot on "IT" and I'm not sure what to get for a replacement. It has Wilwood brakes on it and can only GUESS it originally had drums. But there is a different listing for the LBJ for disc and for drums.

What's the difference? Can I tell by looking at them?

Thanks

i guess i would match them up order the disc one and if it's not right send them back and get the others or check widwood brakes site and see if they even have a different one

The LBJ's aren't a Wilwood piece. Neither are the spindles. Problem is I want to get this back together so I can get out in it this weekend, but I don't know which part would be right. The fender tag is gone also, so no help there.

72 Duster Per Moog

LBJ w/o disc brakes K785 & K787

LBJ w/ disc brakes K7021 & K7023

If spindles are from a 73 & up car.....

K781 & K783

The difference in the ball joints mainly is the taper diameter & length of the ball stud that goes thru the spindle and the diameter of the ball joint itself. Do you have these dimensions?

T , Around here NAPA is really good and have no prblem opening up a cataloge (unlike other un-named places) Ive ran into similar problems and have taken the part in and they checked the dimensions against the catalog and I actually got what I needed. Good luck!!

Or you could just have charger70 give you the sizes lol.

No, but they have a 1784-K and 1785-K on them

Looks like K784 & K785 to me. Probably another manufacturer than Moog with a similar #.

Woops, double check that K784 #....maybe K787 instead?

Gonna make a S.W.A.G. that it had drums, partly because of the numbers on what's there, and partly because it was originally a /6 (not to say a /6 COULDN'T have had discs)

Thanks to all. I'm making a run to AZ to plunk down some cash so they can order them. Hate them, but they were FIFTY DOLLARS A PIECE cheaper than where I wanted to get them

are the pre- 72 lca the same whether it is disc or drum? (except for sway bar tabs). I would think that either ball joint would work on the lca's, Lawrence

Well I dunno. Some say there is a difference. I can't argue, cause I don't know A bodies all that well. But I ordered the ones for drums and they seem to fit ok.

Now if I could only get some moron in a parts store to believe me when I tell them that shackle bushings ARE available and they need to order me some so I can install my new leafs..................

Thanks for the response. I finally got some MOOG shackle bushings. THEN I had to deal with the fact the front bushings had the sleeve for a larger than stock bolt. So I made a trip to Lowes and got Grade 8 stuff, reamed the mounts, and all is well.

The leafs I got also allowed me to ditch the air shocks. So if anyone need a good pair of air shocks..........

-
Back